Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I'm new to this forum. I have a 2014 Avenger with the 3.6L VVT, I replaced the battery on it again last weekend after only having the previous battery for a year. Last year I also replaced the starter and the alternator which all went out in succession. Recently I've been having issues with a intermittent No crank no start. Everything has power but it does nothing when I turn the key. Any advice yall can flash my way would be greatly appreciated, it's been stressful to say the least as this car is my daily driver.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Sounds like it could be a bad connection somewhere. Check all connections at battery and jump posts. Check all grounds under the hood. Did you scan for codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it could be a bad connection somewhere. Check all connections at battery and jump posts. Check all grounds under the hood. Did you scan for codes?
I checked all my connections and everything is tight. I replaced the battery and made sure everything was good there. I did the key dance and no codes came up. I haven't hooked up a scanner since there's no check engine light.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The battery connections can not be just looked at to be classified as good. They need to be taken apart and cleaned to bare metal and have dielectric grease applied before reassembly. There are multiple connection just from the battery post to the jumping posts both on the and - sides. They all need to be done as they all can create an intermittent issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The battery connections can not be just looked at to be classified as good. They need to be taken apart and cleaned to bare metal and have dielectric grease applied before reassembly. There are multiple connection just from the battery post to the jumping posts both on the and - sides. They all need to be done as they all can create an intermittent issue.
The battery connections and the battery are brand new. I got the positive and negative leads replaced because they were corroded. They were coated with an anti corrosion grease. Neither The battery nor the battery cables are the issue here. I took the battery jumper posts off as well and made sure they were not an issue.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
there is a difference between no crank and no start. Does it crank and not start or is it just dead?

if it is dead dead, what do you have to do to get it running? Just let it sit or what? Any O'Reilly or autozone can test your alternator and battery, you should get them to do it tho I doubt that will yield anything.

I am leaning towards the starter, you said you had it replaced. Was there anything obviously wrong with it? Did you check the starter cables? What about the starter relay, could be going bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts