Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Depends... The newer Chargers have the different transmissions. Also Chargers weigh more. I think if we were to race 0-60 wed win.
The 3.6 for the avenger might be a little overpowered considering it has less weight. Also last time i tested my avenger it had wheel spin but not so much, but it affects the 0 to 60 time.

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
To each their own. I have just been through these type of debates for most of my life, it gets old when what ifs and I feels take over.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oh NO ,this has started again? Suggest lay down specific ground rules and eliminate the what ifs and I feels. They are both great cars!!!
LOL, If it bothers you that much don't watch this thread!

I don't know if mine will beat a V6 Charger, but I sure had fun smokin a new V6 Camaro the other day!!

Dennis

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
All i was trying to point out was where established facts are, not hypotheticals. One could make an old vw that could beat a charger. Or are you going to run them downhill or uphill, maybe a road course run? As in any kind of debate, there are ground rules was all I wanted to point out. But all you 4door folks, ENJOY your Avengers !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased an Avenger RT the other day and took it to the track. Basically the race comes down to distance and transmissions on a 1/8 the Avenger is quicker off the line and fwd easier to launch. But on the 1/4 the chargers/challengers make up speed on the top end with better gear ratios. All and all it's still a driver's race who ever leaves the light better wins

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Just purchased an Avenger RT the other day and took it to the track. Basically the race comes down to distance and transmissions on a 1/8 the Avenger is quicker off the line and fwd easier to launch. But on the 1/4 the chargers/challengers make up speed on the top end with better gear ratios. All and all it's still a driver's race who ever leaves the light better wins
That sounds about right:cool:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts