Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 avenger 2.4L . My car was doing great but I’ve been having to jump start it lately . Every time I flipped it my key , it would make a shaky sound but still start but now it won’t come on. I got a new battery in it , it fixed the problem for the week and now we’re back with the same problem. I took the battery to get checked and they say it’s a good battery and it could be either my starter or alternator . I personally think it’s my starter , but would like to confirm it before I spend more money.

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
Will it start with a jump from a booster pack or another vehicle? If so, I doubt it to be the starter. More likely an electrical drain in the car drawing down the power in the battery that needs to be "tracked down" and fixed. OR as was suggested of a bad alternator.There are diagnostic and easy steps to take to determine what is going on to pinpoint the problem WITHOUT just changing out parts blindly in HOPES of a fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It used to start with jumpstart but now it won’t , my boyfriend is now thinking it’s my fuse box or alternator. We’re calling a mechanic today to get him to check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts