Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 08 2.4l set and a few months ago my blinker went. I changed that and no fix still a rapid right blinker. A couple weeks ago my passenger high beam was out so I replaced that and no change still out. Last week I replaced the headlight switch and still no change. I swapped bulbs with the known working one and nope. So it's now do I replace the tipm. I'm saving the money but what I read on the forums it might not be possible to change it in my driveway. Can anyone confirm I can do this on my own or not. And if I can, where should I order one from?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
It sounds like it could be the TIPM. You can change it yourself. I would check all grounds in the engine compartment for corrosion and tightness. Then I would disconnect the battery and pull out the TIPM to check all the connections coming into the bottom of it. When re-assembling use dielectric grease on all connections.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
No there isn't:

REMOVAL

1. Open hood.
  2. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  3. Release the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) cover retaining clips and open the TIPM cover.
  4. Remove the TIPM positive cable retaining nut and remove the cable from the stud.
  5. Depress the four mounting clips to disengage and remove the TIPM housing from its mounting bracket.
  6. Disconnect each of the seven TIPM wire harness connectors.
  7. Remove the TIPM from the vehicle.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Here's a video showing a few different Chrysler TIPM models and their different locking mechanisms:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts