Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 Avenger RT. The trans went out on it so I had a small shop replace it with one out of a 2014 Chrysler town and country. Everything works fine and drives how it should except auto stick and also I cannot change personal settings as it says it's not In park even though it is. When going into autostick nothing shows up. It worked a couple times but usually doesn't show up. Just acts as if it's in just regular D when you put in auto stick. When in park it also has boxes around every gear. None of this was like this until they put the new trans in. I called the dealer and they said it's not something you're supposed to program. Anyone got any ideas on what I can do?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Very difficult to say about what condition the previous trans was in and what the shop did during installation. I would take it back to them and get them to fix it properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very difficult to say about what condition the previous trans was in and what the shop did during installation. I would take it back to them and get them to fix it properly.
Yeah I'll probably give them a call today. I just didn't know if there's anything to do on my end that would be simple. The trans came out of a town and country with 80k miles on it. I had them flush the fluid and replace the filter on it. It drives smooth as hell though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'll probably give them a call today. I just didn't know if there's anything to do on my end that would be simple. The trans came out of a town and country with 80k miles on it. I had them flush the fluid and replace the filter on it. It drives smooth as hell though.
Well just spoke to them. They said something about a range switch inside the transmission. They're again saying to go to the dealer about it.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Just not sure about the computer because the Town & Country doesn't have the Autostick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I also noticed the reverse lights stay on in park now too. I'm guessing they used that old connector that came on the trans and just wired it together maybe? I'm talking about the one on top that has probably over 24 pins.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Not sure about all of the things they could have possibly done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Know any wiring diagrams for the 62te transmission and all the grounds? I've looked online and cannot find anything. I'm wanting to trace everything back. I'm pretty sure they spliced the harness on my car with the old connector that was in the new trans (From the Town & Country) and probably wired something wrong.

Because of this I can't even get my trunk open without going through the pass through or change any settings because some module somewhere isn't sensing the car is in "Park" when it is though. Seems like it's intermittent but rarely that it works properly now. I've had it scanned and whatnot but to no avail to find the root cause of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to bump this just to ask if I can provide a link from AllPar and the thread I made there. We've made some progress on the issue. Has a wiring diagram and much more. Just in case anyone here runs into the issue also or I can just drop the wiring diagram and pdf here. It's been narrowed down to possibly the TRS or solenoid pack. When in any gear your 4 TRS switches go from an open circuit to closed depending on which gear you are in. "Park" showed the correct switch states but when I checked reverse they were all open when one should be closed. I'm going to get my old trans and pull the old TRS and solenoid pack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to bump this just to ask if I can provide a link from AllPar and the thread I made there. We've made some progress on the issue. Has a wiring diagram and much more. Just in case anyone here runs into the issue also or I can just drop the wiring diagram and pdf here. It's been narrowed down to possibly the TRS or solenoid pack. When in any gear your 4 TRS switches go from an open circuit to closed depending on which gear you are in. "Park" showed the correct switch states but when I checked reverse they were all open when one should be closed. I'm going to get my old trans and pull the old TRS and solenoid pack.
Changing TRS seemed to fix it. The old trans must've had one that was bad already or the ones from the T&C aren't compatible with the avengers. So anyone swapping a 62TE from a van to an Avenger might run into the same issue. Here's the link for forum on AllPar with all the wiring diagrams and whatnot. If posting links like that are not allowed then I can compile all the diagrams and info and make a thread for others.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Good news, thanks for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts