Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a test ride in an Avenger SXT 2.7L V-6 today with a Jet Stage1 chip installed. The shifting was smoother and the pickup was was much better. After the ride I wanted to so badly install my Stage2 chip in the R/T, but I must wait for the software upgrade first. My custom pipes are now ready and the CAI will be finished later this week. Pics to follow. If you want good pickup and smooth shifting the Jet Stage1 seems to be very good, and do not need to mod car the that much to use the Stage1 chip. Just go with a custom made cat back system. A local shop should be able to make a system for you, for around 250 to 325USD.

Here is a pic of my Avenger AWD R/T and my 06 over moded 4.7L gas eater Dak that I traded for my Avenger. My Dak sold in one week. Mod's I did to the Dak that I will be doing to the Avnger. Custom pipes, rear 10" dvd player, jet Stage2 chip, and oil temp and air to fuel ratio gauges. I be adding an oil pressure gauge to the Avenger on advice from forum member Zonestar.

Attachments

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my town its not hard to find motor, moders and open wheel 850HP race car builders. I live in a small racing town called Oswego NY. Look up oswegospeedway.com its the fastest 5/8ths open wheel supermodified track in the US with top speeds of over 150mph. Many yrs ago I drag raced Z1000's at the local track going 135mph in the 1/4. Thats not much today, but back in the mid 80's it was fast on two wheels. I love speed but I like to be the one in helping make the HP and not just buying it already there. It gives me something to do and I get to design while I'm doing it. My wife passed away many yrs ago, and I lost my 24yr old daughter last year to a drunk driver. So this Avenger is a project for me to keep me going. This forum is also a big help to me as I like to help other people who love to mod their cars. Sorry for going on so long, but I love cars, and I love to mod them.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Would love to see pics of the gauges and where you mounted them when done. Sounds like you have some pretty strong ideas for the motor already. Its funny, I think my stock rt shifts pretty smooth but you say it would be better with a chip and exhaust? I may have to look into that...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could say mine is smooth shifting but it's not. Chrysler states it will have the software update out very soon for the problem some R/T owners are having with the hard down shift from 2nd to 1st. Chrysler had a flight recorder (data recorder) put into mine to record the shifting patern, and it recorded the hard down shift problem four times in two days. Chrysler has already took care of the same problem for the 4cly trany's. No harm will come to the transmission from this hard down shift, but most people do not believe the dealers when they are told not to worry as a fix is comeing out. I just manual shift it and get no down shift problem at all. So that alone tells me that it is software related while in full automatic. The Jet chip reads the shifting partern and remaps it to work at it best. The same is true for the gas pedel sensor to the injectors to pump the gas into the TB faster, and remap the spark timeing for better combustion within the chamber. Which lessen the chance for running lean or rich, which in turn means the more gas being burnt in the combustion chamber the better the MPG and your performance is mch better. My spelling is bad, so please do not hold it against me. There are others that can explain it better. But the chip is a pluse, and a programer is better.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for sharing, sorry to hear about your loss. I look forward to learning a lot and giving back to others. If the stage two isn't too bad on the MPG I'm going to work towards getting that. The Car dealer called me lastnight for the door recall but they didn't say anything about the hard downshift problem. She said it may not be in my vin number area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts