Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in a tavern does this to me...just ordered all the parts to do the big front brakes on the Avenger, and all the parts to do a complete brake job on my cop car. Gotta be able to stop...

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Stop what? The Cars or the SPENDING?...ROFL:D

I've hauled 9 face cord of mixed hardwoods (15 mile trips)in 3 trips, and yup I've found the brakes on my T&C don't stop on a dime when that load is on the 10'x5'x2' trailer. Only have 1 more run to make to be set for winter, thankfully I only load the old girl down like this for a week one time a year. BUT the wife LIKES to have a nice WARM house during the winter months!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta stop the cars The spending I have covered. But it's ironic that I'll have brakes that could cover stopping a car that could do 175 mph when my car is limited to 118 mph.

Reactions: 5rebel9

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Avenger is now at the shop getting the big brakes installed

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good. I hope you get the car out of the shop TODAY and not held
"inCARcerated" there!:D:rolleyes:
It's going to be done by the end of the week. May have to wait until Monday to get it since I'm having a very busy weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
So you get to be out and about(busy)...Yet your poor ride spends more time "inCARcerated" just like being back in "Paint Prison" earlier this year!!!!:rolleyes::D

I'm beginning to wonder if you like that old "cop car" better!!!!;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you get to be out and about(busy)...Yet your poor ride spends more time "inCARcerated" just like being back in "Paint Prison" earlier this year!!!!:rolleyes::D

I'm beginning to wonder if you like that old "cop car" better!!!!;)
Where I have to go this weekend I'd rather be driving the cop car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the car back today and the big rotors and red caliphers look awesome. Now I just have to drive easy for 200 miles then bed them in.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Great to hear that your ride is now out of the "holding center" and free again!:D

Now do you REALLY think you can accomplish that requirement with all those trips to mexico you like to take???:rolleyes::D:)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great to hear that your ride is now out of the "holding center" and free again!:D

Now do you REALLY think you can accomplish that requirement with all those trips to mexico you like to take???:rolleyes::D:)
Yeah I should have those miles knocked out in no time.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the matter? did you get sick or something???

Yes the break in process is meant for "slow" speeds :D
Nah haven't had a need to go long distances and I only work 4 miles from home. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a zip to Pennsyltucky for some Chili Dogs at Sheetz

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the brakes are broken in and bedded in and MAN does this thing stop like ya dropped an anchor!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, speaking of brakes, maybe y’all can help me out...

I changed the rotors and pads to performance almost a year ago (come November 13th), and I’ve got a wobble in the steering and road noise...

Any suggestions? I’m wondering if a higher grade rotor and/or pad would do the trick? Or maybe this is something else?

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Sounds like you have other issues.... maybe tire balancing, loose lug nuts, alignment, suspension, steering, wheel bearing, axle.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts