Dodge Avenger Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
So, speaking of brakes, maybe y’all can help me out...

I changed the rotors and pads to performance almost a year ago (come November 13th), and I’ve got a wobble in the steering and road noise...

Any suggestions? I’m wondering if a higher grade rotor and/or pad would do the trick? Or maybe this is something else?

I battled with the vibration for almost a year.. took a look at the lower engine mounts and they were in bad shape..... I replaced the lower mounts, rack and pinion, tie rods, lower control arm, and every single ball joint and beefed up to thicker stabilizer.. no more vibration.. wish i would have just replaced the motor mount first... As you can see in the picture it was in bad shape... Start there..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
That mount would certainly add or cause vibration. I changed mine too and added the polyurethane
engine mount insert.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been trying for a couple months to locate a set of the Euro brackets to install the big brakes on my Chrysler 200S but no luck at any Mopar parts source nationwide. Part number #68185425AA

If any has a set they want to part with or knows of one please let me know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there any way to get the specs and dimensions for the Euro brackets 68185425AA? If I had the specs I'm pretty sure I could get a local machine shop to reproduce them. I dont know the cost but could ask at least

·
Registered
209 Posts
sorry for bringing this back from the dead.......
If your local dealer runs the part number there should be warehouse inventory out there. The real challenge, you need to go to your local dealer and have them run the part number. A flag will show up stating its an EXPORT only part. Then the REAL challenge, how well do you know the parts department and how much time will they take to try to get an order forced for you. They can't just order the bracket as it's listed as "Export" only. The last time I was trying to get brackets for members I was informed because of my demand of orders the computer system restocked Chrysler's inventory and the "Export" title was removed. I recently heard the restriction has been added back.
The "Warren" depot was the one stocking the bracket for export use the last time I ordered the brackets. If your dealer says there's no stock, have them do a search on "S" handling Vs "E" handling. "E" handling tells the system that there looking for a part on a daily order type status. "S" handling is known as "Special" handling and it will show them other depot's that may contain stock.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts