Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Avenger died with a tree falling on top it in the night totaling it out back in 2004. Was my first car from 1999-2004. At a young age of 22 I married my loving wife in 2002. Well, fast forward to today and I purchased the exact same model, color, year Avenger ES with my wife’s blessing. We’ve been reliving/driving around town to all the places we would have gone this weekend. It’s running great and with only 90,900 miles on it!
Glad to see there is still a community out here. Looking forward in keeping this one going and garaged away from any trees. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Great to have you with us. Sweet looking car:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Welcome, and yes a distinctive ride for sure.
BUT for my fellow coupe owners even with the 4 or 6 cylinder models...a WARNING to you
Does not matter miles on the car, the TIMING BELT is a fabric/rubber belt and at best 21 years old now. STRONGLY CONSIDER having the belt replaced BEFORE it breaks. You will get NO WARNING of this about to happen and it will ruin the internals of the motor if it breaks. This is a miles/years MAINTAINTENENCE requirement and not an either or deal if you really want to keep the motor and car driving down the road. AND probably NOT done by previous owners or any car lots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I have it scheduled to check the belt and alternator. Anything else you would recommend?

Also due to the age of the car would you take it to a Dodge or Mitsubishi dealer if you had a choice? Chances are neither have seen one of these in a while.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Thanks. I have it scheduled to check the belt and alternator. Anything else you would recommend?

Also due to the age of the car would you take it to a Dodge or Mitsubishi dealer if you had a choice? Chances are neither have seen one of these in a while.
Don't know what kind of service records you may have gotten with the car. But the timing belt is the most often overlooked task to do. On the 2.5 motor it's rather involving and can be costly to do(a lot depends on dealer rates or GOOD independent shop). Don't know your locale, but personally I steer clear of dealers. Note the drive belts for alt/a/c/etc. are NOT the belt I'm talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts