Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a K&N air filter available for the 2.0L diesel engine? I've looked around but can't find anything...:4-dontknow:

Help!:kap:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... I found reference to a 2.0L Avenger (Part 33-2373) as well, but as far as I can tell the part numbers don't match when you cross reference them. I think the Dodge (OEM) part is 04891791AA and this doesn't cross reference with the Avenger or the Caliber parts on the K&N site.

Thanks for looking tho' Downunder Avenger. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't believe I looked up Caliber:smiledown:
lol! No worries... :)

I just checked under Avenger and the K&N aussie website has that same part no
33-2373
Having a look around the net, 33-2373 appears to be for the 2.0i petrol engines.
I am suprised at the lack of info on these parts! (Surely everyone in the world loves the Avenger, especially the diesel models, which are widely known as a favorite with tuners... *pauses for laughs*)

Thanks again for looking DuA. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Why not putting in a chip and get up to 170 HP, and tremendous torque?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Why not putting in a chip and get up to 170 HP, and tremendous torque?
Up to 180 BHP so I'm told, and I would love to...:Racing: Cost to do it properly is £600- 800 tho', and (approved) Startech chips are as rare as hen's teeth in the UK.

Still... maybe one day... ;)

·
Ex Avenger owner...
901 Posts
You dont need a Startech chip. You can chip that VW diesel up to 180 bhp for about £350-£400. Just Google in " Diesel Tuning UK" hundred of sites out there. If you get them to fit it your warranty will still stand & most of them come their own guarantee.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You dont need a Startech chip. You can chip that VW diesel up to 180 bhp for about £350-£400. Just Google in " Diesel Tuning UK" hundred of sites out there. If you get them to fit it your warranty will still stand & most of them come their own guarantee.
I would question the quality of many of them, although there are one or two that seem to have been around for a while like Chip Express. So hard to know who are the good guys and who are the bad guys... :4-dontknow:

Still a few bob tho', especially as my employer has given me the gift of redundacy for Christmas. :(

Like I said tho', maybe one day... :smileup:

·
Ex Avenger owner...
901 Posts
Sorry about your job mate !! Not good at this time of year , I count myself lucky that I'm already retired. Yep , you need a real Diesel Tuning company with a good reputation. I always look at customer testimonials , on there websites.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyhoo, back to the point...
Does anyone know if there is a K&N air filter available for the 2.0L diesel engine? I've looked around but can't find anything...:4-dontknow:

Help!:kap:
The K&N filter part number for the 2.0 CRD panel filter (and most other engines) is the 33-2373.
These are now widely available on eBay and other vendors for around £40.
My work here is done. ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What are the benefits of these filters..?? Do they actually make any difference?
Can't vouch for the Avenger (yet ;)), but I had one on my Ford back in the day.
The advantages I experienced were:
Last air filter you'll buy, they last forever.
Engine 'breathes' easily, translates to a slightly quicker/more responsive throttle.
Slight improvement in fuel economy, as the engine works more efficiently.
Comes with a cool sticker... ;)

More info here: http://www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm

·
Registered
208 Posts
I checked my (standard Mopar) airfilter a couple of weeks ago whilst checking the fluids. Although it had done 5000 miles since the last service in Jan it was dirty in one corner, so i just rotated it 180 degrees. Dirty side out still of course!!

I will proberbly stick to standard items untill the warranty is out.. Then might chip it for a bit of fun! :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 26 Posts