Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger 2.4L. I’m trying to locate the KNOCK SENSOR. I can not find a site that SHOWS where this sensor is located.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Hope this helps:

2.4L
2010 Avenger 2.4L

KNOCK SENSOR LOCATION

KNOCK SENSOR LOCATION

The knock sensor bolts into the side of the cylinder block in front of the starter under the intake manifold.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

KNOCK SENSOR

KNOCK SENSOR

1. Remove the bolt holding the knock sensor.
  2. Remove sensor with electrical connector attached.
  3. Disconnect electrical connector from knock sensor.

KNOCK SENSOR

KNOCK SENSOR

1. Remove the knock sensor.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Glad to help:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m losing power when I hit 40 MPH. If I keep driving the power gets weaker and the car will shut off. I can restart and it’ll run normal until I try to go faster. HELP PLEASE

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Check eng. light on? Do you have or access to a code scanner? IF not search the forum here for "KEY DANCE", It will allow the car's computer to display most stored codes in the computer where the odometer reading is. Then post those P format code(s) here for better help with your car's problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My car have 234K miles, my engine light is on, I’m losing power when I hit highway speed and I’m getting the P0300 engine error code(Random/Muliple Cylinder Misfire).
After getting the P0300, I’ve replaced:
Spark Plugs
Initian Coils
Fuel Injectors
Crank Shaft Sensor
Cam Shaft Sensors
VVT Solenoids
Fuel Pump
Throttle Body Unit
Knock Sensor
MAP Sensor
MAF Sensor
Upstream & Down Stream O2 Sensors
Gas Pedal
Oil Pressure Sensor
Engine Pressure Check
Vacuum Leak Check(Smoke Machine)

I’m still getting the P0300 error code. I’m still losing power when I hit highway speed after replacing & testing above list. Not sure what’s causing my issues. HEEEELP 😀

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
I HOPE you looked up and used DIAGNOSTIC testing procedures for EACH part before you replaced them. Throwing in parts in hopes of fix is VERY costly. You may have even installed a defective NEW part in the process you've done.
It's late here, give some time for further responses and that it's a holiday tomorrow....hang in there!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Spark plugs should be Champions, O2 sensors should be NGK/NTK, Cam and Crank should be Mopar, and other sensors may need to be Mopar as well. Our FCA vehicles like to have specific parts and some aftermarket parts don't work very well. I had issues with brand new Bosche O2 sensors and NTK's fixed it up. Run a can of Seafoam thru the fuel tank and only work on 1 fault at a time. A clogged catalytic convertor can cause P0300's and Seafoam will help clean it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I HOPE you looked up and used DIAGNOSTIC testing procedures for EACH part before you replaced them. Throwing in parts in hopes of fix is VERY costly. You may have even installed a defective NEW part in the process you've done.
It's late here, give some time for further responses and that it's a holiday tomorrow....hang in there!
I did look up each part, also read symptoms on each part that may cause my misfire before replacing. I did not test each part. I’m hanging in and staying positive. I’m not giving up on this. Staying strong and hopeful. I truly thank you for your time and assistance. 👊🏾👊🏾👊🏾

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spark plugs should be Champions, O2 sensors should be NGK/NTK, Cam and Crank should be Mopar, and other sensors may need to be Mopar as well. Our FCA vehicles like to have specific parts and some aftermarket parts don't work very well. I had issues with brand new Bosche O2 sensors and NTK's fixed it up. Run a can of Seafoam thru the fuel tank and only work on 1 fault at a time. A clogged catalytic convertor can cause P0300's and Seafoam will help clean it out.
The spark plugs I replaced are NGKs, O2 sensors are Bosch & the cam and crank Shaft Sensor are by BWD. I read about the Seaform but haven’t tried it. I’ll give it a try later today and let you know. Thank you. I truly appreciate it. 👊🏾

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The spark plugs I replaced are NGKs, O2 sensors are Bosch, Cam & Crank Shaft Sensors BWD

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Just online for a short here. But for your list of things done and miles on the motor....
Wear in the timing chain and possible VVT component troubles MAY cause a "galloping"(P0300) code.
Suggestion...You should not replace parts by symptom, electrically (VOM) check each code part(crank/cam sensors) for proper ohms readings before changing out.
Proper diagnostic checks before changing parts in hopes (even if you have to pay for it to be done) is less costly than what you've already gone thru.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just online for a short here. But for your list of things done and miles on the motor....
Wear in the timing chain and possible VVT component troubles MAY cause a "galloping"(P0300) code.
Suggestion...You should not replace parts by symptom, electrically (VOM) check each code part(crank/cam sensors) for proper ohms readings before changing out.
Proper diagnostic checks before changing parts in hopes (even if you have to pay for it to be done) is less costly than what you've already gone thru.
Totally understand. I will have it diagnosed professionally. At this point I’m to my limit. Thanks again for your help and support. 👊🏾

·
Registered
1 Posts
What brand of MAP sensor does the Dodge Avenger 2010 2.4L use? I’ve had to replace it twice due to getting that code after getting a check engine light.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts