Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I either remotely unlock doors or turn on air, very loud knock comes from either just left or right of driver just under dashboard. What may this be? Maybe a fuse?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forumz!Does your ride have auto temp control or manual temp controls, sounds like you have an HVAC blend door actuator problem.
Please update your info as to what year and motor size you have in your profile information(it helps folks know what is being talked about).
Then please introduce yourself on the Newbie Check in page.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my blend door does something like this, its located behind the glovey box. Makes a loud clicking sound, and I have went thru 3 actuators in a year n half. Probably what your hearing. It actually a door for fresh air in my case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, I had the same problem with the two actuators that are behind the glovebox. Went on for months. I finally repaired it recently. The incentive was having to go to safety inspection for a new sticker! See these two YouTube videos which I found useful:

There are some other ones I viewed on YouTube also. Say much the same thing.

It's indeed a tough job, but you can make your life a little easier by doing two things:

1. Get a *quality* mini ratchet set that has screwdriver bits as well as sockets. I found one actuator had simple Phillips head screws (2) and the other had 3 screw bolts (could use a socket on the heads) with Phillips slots in the middle. I'm the original owner, so this is what Dodge put in. Took me 9 hours (!) using a super-cheap mini ratchet that was a piece of crap, small Phillips screwdriver, needle-nose pliers, etc. Would have been much faster with a real ratchet. Got that later.

2. Even though both guys in the videos work from lying on the floor (maybe not the second guy though), you can save your back and neck by sitting in the passenger seat, pulling it up fairly close to the dash (after you have removed the glovebox, carpet piece, etc.) and unscrewing the screws blind. Look at them with a flashlight and bendable mirror while you are on your knees. Then feel for them while you are seated and visualize. Alot more successful than you may think; it works.

Hope that helps. Of course, the Chrysler 200 and Avenger are siblings. I have a 2013 Avenger SXT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts