Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Tue. night Law & Order TV show they had an bright silver Avenger R/T hit and killed 2 people. It showed a side shot of it going thru an intersection @ high speed. An officer found the side mirror and said it was from an 06 dodge. Ha.Ha. Then another officer found the car a few blocks away. Then you only could see the roof line and a view thru drivers window @ pass. seat/glove box area. The bad guys left behind packs of money. This mite be our first TV/movie appearance:smileup: Hope they don't look @ me funny when i drive thru NY.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I can't watch SVU....seems always something bad happening to kids on that show...I don't like that. :(

·
Registered
565 Posts
it sounded like a charger to me. Did they actually show the avenger name anywhere in the episode? I was falling asleep as it was just coming on.

- Dan M

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it sounded like a charger to me. Did they actually show the avenger name anywhere in the episode? I was falling asleep as it was just coming on.

- Dan M
You could see the chill-zone glove box area and the speaker grille and roof line /antenna. I had to run out but didn't see the name.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, some butt head thought the show was real and tagged my Dodge Fri. night. Put red paint .......big F. U. on the front bumper. Did the Police report and took photo's. I keep all my rides so clean and waxed. It only took about 10min. to clean it off. Sure hope i don't have make a sign "this was not the car in last weeks Law & Order T.V. show":gy:

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Man that sucks... Do you park your car out on the street? You might want to put up a video camera if that happens again... Sorry to hear about the idiots in your area. :(

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
that's true........but it was the org. Law& Order show not SVU. Wish i had a copy so i could zoom in on the Avenger.

Ahhh...cool. I really don't have issues with TV, just issues with innocent kids being hurt on TV. There are nights where I just can't find anything to watch on TV. I really did like the older law and order shows...with Jerry Orbach on them...I think that who is was...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man that sucks... Do you park your car out on the street? You might want to put up a video camera if that happens again... Sorry to hear about the idiots in your area. :(
I'll have to do something if it happens agian........first thing in 18 yrs. That's not to bad.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That sucks dude. I'm so glad I >didn't< find who backed into mine. I'd be posting this from jail if I did.
lol...I stood there watching the person backing into mine. nothing I could do but flash the alarm...didn't help lol

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
lol...I stood there watching the person backing into mine. nothing I could do but flash the alarm...didn't help lol
Did you at least get their information and turn it into the insurance? I would assume you did since you watched to whole thing.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
You have more restraint than I do. I'd have gone all "HULK SMASH!"
Sounds like you need a pair of boxing gloves...:box2:... Maybe I can find someone for you to use them on...lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Did you at least get their information and turn it into the insurance? I would assume you did since you watched to whole thing.

Oh yes...well it was my wifes friend. So I didn't even call anything into my insurance. She called hers, explained the whole thing...they called me and sent out an adjuster, they paid for a rental and I had the work done. It worked out fine, except I had a whistle from air due to a seal thats worked itself out, and I have some rattling wires I have to take it back for them to figure out why. Just haven't done it yet.

That and they had to paint the flat parts on the door flat. Do you know that strip that goes up/down between the driver and passenger door? Its actually like a big piece of electrical tape (well tape of some sort). Every time they ordered it, it would come in wrinkled and messed up. So they asked me and I allowed them to paint it on. It looks the same, and apparantly they do this on some bmw's as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts