Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!,
I had noticed my license plate light was out so I decided to replace it. No issues changing the bulb, but I accidentally let go of the light assembly when trying to screw it back in place, and now it has fallen down into the bumper, I guess?

After doing some Internet research, I have come up empty on how to retrieve the light, but one person told me it is as easy as removing the bumper cover, but didn't elaborate on "how to". Anybody out there know if this is the answer, or should I take it to the dealer. I bought it used, love the car, and it is still under warranty. 2013 Dodge Avenger

Much thanks,
Joey

This is for everyone out there, same thing happened to me, dropped the wire after bulb replacement. Was about to give up but took a bungee cord with hook pointed towards front of car. Was able to hook onto the wire after 2 tries!! All fixed and was ov
Hello all!,
I had noticed my license plate light was out so I decided to replace it. No issues changing the bulb, but I accidentally let go of the light assembly when trying to screw it back in place, and now it has fallen down into the bumper, I guess?

After doing some Internet research, I have come up empty on how to retrieve the light, but one person told me it is as easy as removing the bumper cover, but didn't elaborate on "how to". Anybody out there know if this is the answer, or should I take it to the dealer. I bought it used, love the car, and it is still under warranty. 2013 Dodge Avenger

Much thanks,
Joey

I was able to fish out the wire with a bungee cord, hook facing front of car, after 2 tries. DEFINITELTY worth a shot!! Hope this helps !

21 - 22 of 22 Posts