Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 Dodge Avenger SXT
2 days ago my serpentine belt broke and I lost power steering and bunch 0f lights came on. I was safe pulled to sode got it towed home. I found out I had to replace some pulleys. I changed tentioner, ideler, alternator and put a new belt. Turned the car on, car sounds very quite now. But the blinking lightning bolt came on which was not there before the incident. I have 140k miles on this and everything is stock.
I was just wondering is it just a glitch ?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Are there any check engine codes? This usually indicates a problem with the throttle body.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U1412 P0562 P2503.
These were the codes by the key trick but they are gone now.
Tonight I will try the ignition on and gas pedal trick. I don't have the obd reader So mostly I have to go tomorrow to figure that out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I tried to reset by keeping the ignition on and then pressing the gas pedal. The light is still there and the car is in the limp mode, it won't go past 2500rpm. I will try to disconnect the negative terminal and see if the system can reset on its own if not will need to clean the TB and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I missed a connection that is why it was throwing all that codes. Last night all the lights went away and it was smooth.
This morning the battery light came on with P2504 code, and threw P0340, P0335 and P0365.
I don't know what exactly is going in I just got the new alternator wiyh 115amp out and cleaned the battery connections. I recently changed the crankshaft position sensor.
And guess what is going on ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: All the lights are gone was just a lose battery connection. Never got the warning lights back and she runs smooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the lighting bolt come on I was going about 75 on interstate on cruise car went into limp mode I made it to shoulder and made it to exit ramp parked car for 10 min or so fired it up no lights came on don't know why but hasn't came on since and haven't used cruise control since any connection with the two has 135 thousand 2.4 08

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the lighting bolt come on I was going about 75 on interstate on cruise car went into limp mode I made it to shoulder and made it to exit ramp parked car for 10 min or so fired it up no lights came on don't know why but hasn't came on since and haven't used cruise control since any connection with the two has 135 thousand 2.4 08
Also has original battery from 08 going to change out tomorrow with new front wheel bearings

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you plan on changing out the wheel bearings, I suggest you hold off until you order the cv shaft assemblies from rockauto. They are very cheap and with 135k on the old cv shaft boots they are probably near due for replacement. It would be way less than $100 to change them both out and make it so you don't tear things apart again sooner than later. I did this when I changed out my front bearings and the boots were starting to crack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts