Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I first got my avenger, it would die 2-4x immediately after starting up, then on the last attempt it would start up and stay running. Never had a check engine light or warning light come on.
I replaced the fuel pump, MAF sensor, spark plugs, then the ignition switch. After the ignition switch it started and died immediately after about 6 times then wouldn’t start again. I had a new starter put in and now the dash lights and accessories all come on when you put the key in, on accessories, and in run, but when you turn the key to the on position to start it up all the lights and accessories shut off. When you let the key go back to run they turn back on and it sounds like the starter makes some noise.
After that I put in a new battery because it was old and checked all connections, everything is secured and reading correctly on the multimeter (about 12.7v if I remember correctly) but still no change.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
2.4L, 70,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
What YEAR is your ride? And does the Check Engine Light or Electric Throttle Control light turn on while you do get to drive it (when it starts and stays running)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011. It does not start right now but when it did, there was no check engine light or other warning lights.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You said battery connections are tight. Did you take all connections from the battery (+ and -) to the jump positions apart and clean to shinny metal and coat with dielectric grease and re-assemble? If not you have to go back a few steps and do this for good power. Also all connections on the jumping posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts