Low beam out | Dodge Avenger Forum

Low beam out

Discussion in 'Dodge Avenger Electrical Problems and Questions' started by Dusty, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Hi - I recently had the headlight go (so I thought) in my 2010 avenger - 150k miles on it. Bought replacement and still doesn't work - its not the bulb because we tested it on the other side. checked all the fuses but none are bad. Any suggestions.

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to hear that, You will need to check the low beam power wire and quite possibly could be the TIPM/fuse panel that is the culprit. Have the TIPM dismounted and check for good wire connections that go into the underside of it.
    Good Luck!

3. Dusty

Dusty New Member

A question if you perhaps the know the answer - if we have to replace the TIPM - is it a plug and play item - or will it need to be taken to a dealership to be programed?

4. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    I believe it is plug and play. BUT my avenger is not of your generation, for me to have first hand experience.
    Don't know your circumstances, but if you test for power and find none at the low beam socket connector, I have read of some members that ran a wire from the other side beam to the one that is not working.. Just be sure that the connections made are GOOD and sealed well against water/ or arcing(not left wire bare wire). That is of course dependant on any other possible "misdeeds" being done by the TIPM for the rest of the car.