Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When mine came on, I was only able to put in 13.5 gallons. The manual says it comes on when there are 2 gallons left. That puts me at 15.5 gallons. According to documentation, my car as 16.9 gallon fuel tank.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

- Dan M

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yup dan, mine comes on very early as well. This is my techinique when dealing with it. I don't care when it comes on, I wait at LEAST until the needle reaches the red line. Then I assume that theres at least 1-2 gallons left. So about 40 miles from there if I really want to chance it.

I think I've only come close once, and I still had about .5 - 1 gallon left in the tank.

Most times for me, if I fill up at the red line, I'll be lucky to get 14 - 14.5 gallons in the tank.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually fill up at 1/4 left or so, but decided to drive a little longer until a reached a part of town where the fuel was cheaper (15-20 cent difference for 87 and 25-30 for 89).

- Dan M

·
Banned
807 Posts
half a tank. dont want it coming on when your stuck in trafffic. especially when its cold out

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
half a tank. dont want it coming on when your stuck in trafffic. especially when its cold out
That's what's AAA and free gallon of gas is for!! LOL.

glad that hasn't happened yet to me.

- Dan M

·
Banned
807 Posts
if your stuck in snow aaa is going to say i'll add you to the list be there within 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That's what's AAA and free gallon of gas is for!! LOL.

glad that hasn't happened yet to me.

- Dan M
Well I've had AAA for the last 10 years or so and only had to do this once. And it wasn't free either, I had to scrape up $4 or so for the guy for the gas he was bringing me.

Lucky for me I had enough change rolling around in the car to do so. Unlucky for him...it was all change! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts