Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has a product or way to lower the 08 avenger just a couple inches without changing springs ? Just enough to fill the wheel wells. Not goin for import tuner, draggin ass on the ground look. even a fraction lower in the front than the back looks hot.:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
just buy the eibach springs for the 07 3.5l sebring its the same suspension. You could always cut them but i dont really know how that would turn out i guess u will run into a world of problems.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
You should probably check to see if the rear camber is adjustable. My G6 was NOT adjustable, and some other people were killing tires every 10k miles.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ask a member who has already lowered his avenger.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Guess what... I was looking at Eibach's website for a pro kit for our car... and here is the model number that I was given 2889.140 Well I then started looking at the Sebring to see what they had to offer. Well the part number from that kit which fit the 2007-2008 was the same part number! It is confirmed by the source itself that the Pro kit for the Sebring will work for the Avenger! WooT!!
:woohoo::bananalama::Banana01::w00t::ura1:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Guess what... I was looking at Eibach's website for a pro kit for our car... and here is the model number that I was given 2889.140 Well I then started looking at the Sebring to see what they had to offer. Well the part number from that kit which fit the 2007-2008 was the same part number! It is confirmed by the source itself that the Pro kit for the Sebring will work for the Avenger! WooT!!
:woohoo::bananalama::Banana01::w00t::ura1:

Yes it will work because both cars are built on the same chassis and use the same suspension. That is one reason why Chrysler could keep the price down an both cars. Being able to use most of the same parts between both cars is a pluse for Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yup the my pro kit is already in the mail prolly orded them today woot woot!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
oh yea ill be watchin when they put them on, better belive that

·
Registered
542 Posts
How far is the eibach kit actually gonna lower the car? it doesnt tell you on their website

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Drive wire sent me the wrong springs, they sent me sebring springs but they dont fit. The item number is not the one i ordered. I ordered 2887.140. I called eibach personally and they said the item number 2887.140 is not avalible till march. So now i got to send them back and drive wire said they would refund my money and they r paying for shiping it back. Sorry guys....now i gotta wait till march i guess

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
WOW, so no lowering until march. Well I think Eibach needs to pull that stock number off their website if they don't have it. That is a bummer.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yea i called them 2 times just to make sure i did not misundrstand them....but they said there is no lowering kit for the 3.5l sebring yet till march. There is not even a generic brand springs for it yet....Man im upset but its only one more month away..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The avenger springs come out in march as well, so when i order them this time ill click on the avenger 3.5l

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No they do make the springs for that too but i ordered the ones for the 3.5 but they r not out yet...The ones for the 2.4, 2.7 are out now

Reactions: GT

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
That is what I thought. I was just looking at those the other day, but could not remember which engine they were based from.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Now i gotts do more waiting lol...i hate waiting when it comes to car parts but im gonna do it lol....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts