Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link for the Eibach Pro-Kit to lower our Avengers. This says for the Sebring, but according to Eibach, this is the same kit for us since it is basically the same suspension.(same part # according to Eibach's site) My local shop said they would install it for around $200. So for about $450 bucks I should be good to go. I plan on ordering this kit after the new year, and installing it when I get my tax refund check. Says it's 1.3 inch front and 1.2 inch rear drop. Can't wait. Should get rid of a good chunck of the wheel to fender gap.

http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/eibach/chryslersebringprokit.html

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow I like the looks of that. I may have to find new routes to work. They can't even put manhole covers in flush around these parts lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you get your Avenger lowered; make sure you take a before and after picture and of coures post it. That way your fellow members can make a decision if they want to try it.

Definately. I am gonna do it, just have my sons birthday 5 days before Christmas, them Christmas. If not for that it would be done already. I do have my priorities.;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No way. That huge gap between the fender well and the tire just annoys me. That is why I am lowering it. Plus, it should slightly improve handling. Besides, just look at how much more of an aggressive stance it has in this chopped pic. (at least to me) This is also probably dropped alot more that the kit actually will drop it. I'm sure it will not look quite this low in real life.

Also, disregard the weird crap I put on the grille. I was playing around in photoshop and forgot to put it back to the original.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it looks good. But, the designed hight of the car from the factory, was tested at its designed hight for its optimal built in safety zones. As for handeling you have changed the cornering responce at high speed, or if you need to make an agressive move to get out of danger. As you have a chance for understear or overstear. Maybe it wont make a big difference.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is only a 1 and a quarter inch drop, not an asphalt scraping drop. Eibach uses some of the best suspension people in the world to develope and test their products, and they say it should improve the handling. I wouldn't think a minor drop like that would negatively affect the major safety features of the car. They have a great reputation and I am going to have to trust what they tell me. I do appreciate the feedback though. For what it's worth, I am not really buying them for the improved handling they claim I will get, I am doing it for the appearance only. The handling is just a bonus. I don't plan on racing or taking any high speed turns anyways, with or without the new springs.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Ok. No need to think I was knocking you for wanting to do it. As I stated, I like the looks. I never thought it was going to be a major drop, or thought you were going to be racing. Thats what's great about moding your ride, as you can make it the way you want it. I was never into changing suspension's on any car I've owned. Not knowing enough about it, I guess I'll have to start learning.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I didn't think you were knocking me. I understood your reasons, and I definately thought of that before I decided on doing it. I am going with Eibach because of their reputation. I didn't want to use some no name brand and have it dropped way more than I wanted, and it turn out to be a cheap product to boot. From what I have read, this is the right way to do what I am looking for.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
does eibach have a pro kit out for it yet? if not which kit should i get from the sebring for my r/t

1 - 11 of 11 Posts