Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, for a good few months now - almost a year, the lugnuts on my front passenger tire will wiggle themselves loose... just had the wheel bearing replaced, but what could be causing this to happen?
2008 2.4L SXT

·
Premium Member
6,320 Posts
Does your Avenger have alloy rims? Try taking the wheel off the car and wire brushing the brake rotor hat and the matching mounting surface of the rim of any rust/corrosion. Then put the wheel back on and tighten the lugnuts to 90 foot pounds torque.Yes you'll need a torque wrench for accurate tightening.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Whnever a tire comes off you need to properly torque to 90-95 ft lbs and when you have traveled about 50 miles do a re-torque as the motion of the car moving and doing turns will seat the rim where just tightening may not. Always listen for a thump thump sound after a tire has been off as this is a sound of loose lug nuts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your Avenger have alloy rims? Try taking the wheel off the car and wire brushing the brake rotor hat and the matching mounting surface of the rim of any rust/corrosion. Then put the wheel back on and tighten the lugnuts to 90 foot pounds torque.Yes you'll need a torque wrench for accurate tightening.
I’m not sure. I know that I have a bent rim, maybe 2. I forgot until I was looking through service receipts and found it noted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts