Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok rims offset are different from what i hear. now i guess. what about lugnuts? i have the silver ones hat came with it but want the black look. would any fit or do i need special ones?

would spray painting them black do the job?

also since i want the look of caps on my lugnuts.

who do you think would be the best place to have my hubcaps cut down to circular caps?

like this

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The circular caps off the police style wheels off a charger won't fit? I have no idea how they fit on, I thought they just kinda snapped over top of the lugs which I can't believe can be that much different.

As for black lugs, I would think any with the same thread size would work just fine. Just make sure not to get a different thread and cross thread them. As for cutting of the hub caps, not sure what material they are made out of. I would assume some sort of abs, but you would want a professional style machine shop to do the work. I guess it could be done yourself with a band saw, but you need something very sharp and fine, and need to be able to cut it without melting through it. That and keeping on the right line would be the key to it.

On second thought, you could rough cut it close to where you want and then sand the rest off. That would be the safer way to do it if doing yourself I think.

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hear the offset pins are different. not sure what that means. but havent found anyone locally who is willing to see

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
does anybody know if a set of Dodge Charger R/T OEM 18' rims will fit onto our cars?? i just so happened to bump into someone with those rims and i think it would look sweet on our cars... below is a link of the rims i was talking about...

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/do...09306?start=209&distance=any&listingtype=used

feedback would be appreciated... thanks
I actually had a set of these and sold them after I got my avenger. They were for my magnum. I never actually tryed to put them on, but I didn't real need to. Just rolling them up next to my car it was pretty apparant they wouldn't fit...at least with the stock tire sizes. I'm almost positive the sidewalls would have been rubbing all over the place and that you wouldn't be able to turn the car without something rubbing where it shouldn't.

I was kinda tired of looking at them anyways, I like the wheels my rt came with better. I think if I were going to change them I would go with something aftermarket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually had a set of these and sold them after I got my avenger. They were for my magnum. I never actually tryed to put them on, but I didn't real need to. Just rolling them up next to my car it was pretty apparant they wouldn't fit...at least with the stock tire sizes. I'm almost positive the sidewalls would have been rubbing all over the place and that you wouldn't be able to turn the car without something rubbing where it shouldn't.

I was kinda tired of looking at them anyways, I like the wheels my rt came with better. I think if I were going to change them I would go with something aftermarket.
yeah your probably right... i find it difficult to find really nice aftermarket rims without having to pay the price of lowering the car and having the huge gap screaming for attention... lol i don't think i want to go back to lowering my car and loose the comfortness on the Avengah... i had a 91' Accord on 17's and low to the ground and pretty much felt everything on the road... i know Tire Rack.com has some pretty dope sets of rims... still debating if i should change it up... hope to see all the Avengahs on the streets after all this snow is gone.... 1 month left to go...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
We just lost all our snow here...but its supposed to come back on saturday. :/

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well it was warm again this morning...now its cold again...this weather sucks lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts