Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have an 08 Rt and im itching to do some easy mods to it,

Im a bit of a novice but if i Order magnaflow mufflers or comparable would it be a bolt on install or do i need welders, torches etc,,,

Also enquiring about Stage 1 jet module, Anyone tried it ?? im seriosuly thinking about getting it. id love stage 2 but i wanna go easy on the new ride for a bit, i only have about 3000 kms on her and the JET site recommends other mods like a free flowing exhaust along with the stage 2. Also concerned about possibly voiding warranties ??

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I post this for you in another thread earlier today :
Stage1 will give you smoother shifting and a little more perfomance. It will help with the fuel to air ratio giving you a cleaner burn and maybe up to 2mpg more. A good friend of mine has the Stage1 in his Avenger, and there is a noticeable difference in responce. Not as much as the Stage2 that I have thought.

Stage2 is not for everyone, due to the mods you should do to get the best performance using the chip. As Bullet85 explained, the chips for the 2.7L and 3.5L motors are a direct plug into the computer.

As far as the warranty goes, you will not void it by installing a chip or an exhaust.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The mufflers will have to be welded on, i do not know of any muffler screwing on. I have free flowing exhaust,CAI, stage 2 chip and TBS and i still am covered by my warranty.

·
Registered
565 Posts
you just can't remove any emissions control devices (like a catalytic converter) as that is against federal law....

you also can't tamper with factory installed air bags... those "make over" car shows on TV were getting hit with fines when they re-built cars and took out the air bags.

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
If you remove the cats from the Avenger you will not be able to get rid of the check light. The computer will most likely put the car in limp mode. You will fail the State inspection anyway, so most people just remove the muffler and run stright pipes from the cats back.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you remove the cats from the Avenger you will not be able to get rid of the check light. The computer will most likely put the car in limp mode. You will fail the State inspection anyway, so most people just remove the muffler and run stright pipes from the cats back.
Yep. I'm a member of various other automotive related websites and I see posts of people cutting the cat off or removing the EGR valve.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows. Some states dont have emissions tests, some do but only in certain counties. Just some things to keep in mind in case you decide to move to another county or state.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Or even better get a high flow cat!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
We used to have emissions tests here but I don't think they do them anymore...either that or they only do them on older cars? Its been over 15 years since I had to do a emissions test on anything..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
We used to have emissions tests here but I don't think they do them anymore...either that or they only do them on older cars? Its been over 15 years since I had to do a emissions test on anything..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
In my state they dont do emisions either

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ontario Drive Clean: I know theres not many from ontario, just a tidbit of info on our emission laws.

Odd year vehicles in an even Year need emmision tests.

Even Year vehicles in an even year need emmision tests.

Not sure when the cut off year is but you dont need test done on newer vehicles, ie., Anything older than 1999.

If your vehicle fails the test you need to spend up to 200$ on reducing emissions from your vehicle then re test, still fail then you get a conditional pass. I had this happen to me On a 95 Monte Carlo Z34,

So, this need not apply for our new avengers in Ontario itleast.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ontario Drive Clean: I know theres not many from ontario, just a tidbit of info on our emission laws.

Odd year vehicles in an even Year need emmision tests.

Even Year vehicles in an even year need emmision tests.

Not sure when the cut off year is but you dont need test done on newer vehicles, ie., Anything older than 1999.

If your vehicle fails the test you need to spend up to 200$ on reducing emissions from your vehicle then re test, still fail then you get a conditional pass. I had this happen to me On a 95 Monte Carlo Z34,

So, this need not apply for our new avengers in Ontario itleast.

u know some people if they know the person doing the test they just pay them off.( not that ive done that before just saying i hear stuff ) lol

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Sure. I had a guy that worked at a dealer that gave inspections. I would pay the amount to get it inspected, but I always knew it would pass. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anybody got a sound clip or video of the straight pipes from the cat back. Id sure like to hear that.
New car inspection here in Jersey is good for 4 years then reinspected every two.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Yep. I'm a member of various other automotive related websites and I see posts of people cutting the cat off or removing the EGR valve.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows. Some states dont have emissions tests, some do but only in certain counties. Just some things to keep in mind in case you decide to move to another county or state.

Must be nice to cut the cats off. Here in Upstate NY no muffler shop will touch your car if you want the cats taken off because of the emission laws. Cut them off yourself and you will fail inspection. We can run stright pipes from the cat back. The only thing I can do is buy free flowing cats. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
You Guys Can Hear What Free Flow Exhaust Sounds Like On The R/t At Youtube Type In 08 Dodge Avenger And Look At The Post By 08bullet Thats Me!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Here in Georgia, there is emissions testing, but only in the counties surrounding Atlanta. vehicles 3 years or newer are exempt (so this year 2006, 2007 and 2008 vehicles are exempt).

Also vehicles older than 25 years old are exempt (so this year, 1983 and older vehicles are exempt).

They do testing via computer. They scan for cods via OBDII, check emissions gas levels and do a pressure test on gas cap. They print out the results for you that you need to submit when you get your tag.

- Dan M

1 - 20 of 28 Posts