Military People

Discussion in 'Military' started by ncutway, Oct 29, 2008.

1. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Well welcome aboard ! as this is an international forum. Hope all has been well for you since you joined the forum 2 years ago!

2. Paganarh

Paganarh New Member

Thanks, and absolutely. Been owner of this particular Avenger from 09 since I got it brand new and proud owner ever since, even if I joined this forum only few years back :)
    I just have so minimal problems with this vehicle that I don't need to scour the internet much. My last car was Volvo, so that's saying something.

3. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad to hear that you have had good service from your Avenger, They must be a rarely seen car over there! Have you kept it original , or have you "personalized" it ?

4. Paganarh

Paganarh New Member

There's something like 5 Avengers on whole country, seeing another maybe once a year :) They're quite a rarity in other mainland Europe too, haven't seen any on my travels. Sebrings are everywhere tho, this keeps service parts cost normal.
    And keeping it original- custom stuff is from US and it costs quite a bit to ship across the pond.
    That said, been having some ideas after roaming around this forum :D

5rebel9 likes this.
  5. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    I wondered about how long you could keep from doing something to "personalize" your rare ride! The forum is full of all kinds of ideas. NOT that the Avenger is ANY KIND of PLAIN LOOKING CAR as it is!

6. RacerX2U

RacerX2U New Member Site Supporter Level 3 Military

Well, 5rebel9, being old school coming to the new school at 69 years of age, it's my opinion that now, as "back in the day", the first thing one does to personalize his or her ride is wheels. It's choosing the right wheels for the body style that also say something about who you are. Do you want good looking wheels that you see on every Mopar on the road with custom wheels? Or do you want something different? It seems that there are 4 or 5 popular wheels that are popular. Myself, while I think mist of the wheels I see look good, I wanted something different and it took me a month to finally choose. Everyone has his or her own taste. Don't go for what everyone else has, go for what you want. After a nice set of wheels, it never stops. ha! LP&H :)

7. RacerX2U

PS: I replied on the military page because I am a vet, Korea, '68-69. I'll never take a cold shower again as long as I live.

5rebel9 likes this.
  8. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree wholeheartedly about wheels being a first change, and that is followed closely by audio upgrades. LOL
    Once we got my sons rebuilt Neon a;; sorted out, his first question was when we could get different rims! On my Avenger at 19yrs old now, I want to keep it all original.(I need to get 2 OE rims as they have slight bends from the many potholes here).
    Wondered why you posted here for that! Welcome and to our page! and Thanks for your service! I was at Teague for a joint training operation for a month ,I believe late Jan-Feb., Living in a TENT CITY! ARCTIC GEAR at ALL times!
    Our admin/moderators should give you your banner soon!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  9. RacerX2U

I still have the OEM 18" rims off my Avenger. Interested?

10. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    In my back country road conditions, I am leery of even the 17"s that are the OE's of my coupe.But will keep the offer in mind. If you sell can sell them, do not wait on me. Like my mostly orig. 'Venger, I am slow to make changes! LOL

11. RacerX2U

In no hurry to sell. Rather give them to someone who can really use them for postage. For now, however, it is 4:37 in California and I just got in from work. I will be available later today, between 3 and 4 pm Pacific Time. Have a good day.

12. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    And same to you out there on the other side of the country!

13. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    Well there you go! Get home from work, chat a little, get some "shut eye", come back on and....BAM another banner on your Avatar!

14. RacerX2U

Boy howdy! You there 5rebel9? Got off work on time tonight. Work from 6 pm to 2:30 pm, but usually don't get off until 3 or 3:30. For anyone who might read this, I would like to get rid of the OEM 18" wheels. The price is right, FREE! just pay shipping, or in the Bay Area, pick them up. Maybe you, or someone can help me with this. About two weeks after installing the cross-drilled and slotted rotors, I started getting an intermittent grinding noise when applying the brakes at lower speeds. Anyone that can help with this I would like your input. I checked the calipers and they are tight.

15. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    A common nuisance that is caused mostly from the composition of the ceramic brake pad, as I drive the older coupe model, it uses conventional semi metallic pads and I don't get that problem. But the newer ones seem to post of this often. Many members have gone to a couple of aftermarket brands and have not gotten this annoying noise. I am not good at pulling up threads to share, so a site search about noisy brake pads or wait for another members response would clear this up for you.
    And thank you for the offer of the rims, but I will pass as the road conditions here would make me very worried of even more rim damage going up in dia. size. You do post a very good offer all the same!

16. RacerX2U

Thanks for the info on the brake pads. I can live with it as I can stop on a dime, almost. :) But if there's a remedy I'd like to hear it. I understand your concern on the rims. Again, it's late for me. I'm off every Saturday and every other Sunday (working this Sunday) so maybe we can set a time and chat. For now, I will bid thee farewell. Have a good day. And, thank you for your service, and to any and all active and vets, thank you. LP&H