Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here's my simple cold air intake, (so far). Just with what I have been able to acomplish the car sounds much deeper and there is a definate pick up in low end power. :smileup:
I was planning on removing the entire stock filter and tubing but ran into a problem with the lower portion of the baffle box.

Has anyone taken off the stock air cleaner on a 2.4l yet? There seem to be three bolts, the first one on top is easy, but the other two are on the side attached to the fender and do not seem to have bolts or nuts that are removable. The only solution seems to be to cut the plastic tabs.
:4-dontknow:

I also painted the engine cover and two of the fuse box covers to match the exterior.

Attachments

Reactions: Quiet Lunatic

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
If it ever warms up here I may have to try that (-1 F here a few hours ago - with wind chill about -20 F) . It sounds like you noticed a significant pickup in low end power. I like the sound of that.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Well here's my simple cold air intake, (so far). Just with what I have been able to acomplish the car sounds much deeper and there is a definate pick up in low end power. :smileup:
I was planning on removing the entire stock filter and tubing but ran into a problem with the lower portion of the baffle box.

Has anyone taken off the stock air cleaner on a 2.4l yet? There seem to be three bolts, the first one on top is easy, but the other two are on the side attached to the fender and do not seem to have bolts or nuts that are removable. The only solution seems to be to cut the plastic tabs.
:4-dontknow:

I also painted the engine cover and two of the fuse box covers to match the exterior.
Very nice! I'm glad someone with a 2.4 has posted with some great ideas. I like the idea the car has a deeper sound. I like the idea of painting the engine cover.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
nice intake, finally someone else with an intake lol.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looking at the box, it should come out with a firm upward lifting. As long as the one top bolt is removed, the other 2 pop off. Pull harder on the right side where the 2 posts are. Don't cut anything, you don't need to do that.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
nice setup... Have you thought about running to the bottom of the car with that filter? That would pull colder air for you.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks nice..what did you do about the MAP sensor plug. my 2.4l air box looks like it has a MAP sensor built into it. I just ordered the full body kit from Andys auto sport. I also installed the flowmaster 40 muffler...car sounds tight.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Looks nice..what did you do about the MAP sensor plug. my 2.4l air box looks like it has a MAP sensor built into it. I just ordered the full body kit from Andys auto sport. I also installed the flowmaster 40 muffler...car sounds tight.
Is there anyway you can upload a sound clip of the flowmaster 40's. There are many members that have the 2.4L

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very nice mod markio

I wish I could take credit for it, but you got the wrong guy. No biggie, but he did do a good job, I agree with ya there.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sensor

The sensor is real easy, simply drill a small hole and push it in. Works just fine.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
box

nice setup... Have you thought about running to the bottom of the car with that filter? That would pull colder air for you.
What I do like is that there is a small incoming air port that rests on top of the grill. I want to keep the new filter aimed direcly towards that port.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
try it later

Looking at the box, it should come out with a firm upward lifting. As long as the one top bolt is removed, the other 2 pop off. Pull harder on the right side where the 2 posts are. Don't cut anything, you don't need to do that.
Have you done this or are you just guesing? I will be attempting that in the next few days.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brrr!

If it ever warms up here I may have to try that (-1 F here a few hours ago - with wind chill about -20 F) . It sounds like you noticed a significant pickup in low end power. I like the sound of that.

Sounds like it is cold there. It was 76 F today.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Have you done this or are you just guesing? I will be attempting that in the next few days.
I have taken out my box and modded it some. No guessing here. I too was wondering how it came out, but when I saw they didn't have nuts (hehe), I knew it had to pop off. Go ahead and give em a tug.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have taken out my box and modded it some. No guessing here. I too was wondering how it came out, but when I saw they didn't have nuts (hehe), I knew it had to pop off. Go ahead and give em a tug.

got some pictures of it...

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
finished cold air

Well I finished my cold air filter and lovin it. So much more power and sounds better. The biggest thing that I noticed is the RPM's used to run in the 4000's if i was pushing it. Now they seem to go into the 5000 range.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts