Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly I post this.
With the now worldwide pandemic of this Coronavirus hitting, and a lot of people not traveling or even being able to go to work. Will we see a "surge" of activity here as members now will have some "extra time" to DIY those nagging "quirks" in their rides or maybe do some "mods" that had been on the "back burner"?
Best wishes to all to stay healthy and not get hurt badly with the attending "economic upheaval" that is sure to follow!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I know this is an extremely stressful situation but we can all work together and help our families, friends, and neighbors(especially seniors and the infirmed) . Please remain calm and don't panic, we'll get through this. My thoughts are with you and your families.

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you all may have noticed that I have not been "posting up" near my normal activity. I have a "taskmaster" at home now, and she has a laundry list of the "honey do's" along with a few minor home repairs for our comfort that she's had me doing. Yes the most distressing one that just happened was one of our obsolete hot water baseboard zone valves started acting up, luckily with parts from old ones I pack ratted the crisis is now over(for now).Today was spent outdoors pulling a few parts from my old beast (white 04 T&C) to swap into my current Lux. Liner (04 t&C), and then get put together enough to roll and have it flat bedded away. The task master(WIFE) has only been off work for a week and wants everything done like "right now", so I'll be signing out again and starting on the next chore for the evening.
Good wishes to all, stay SAFE and HEALTHY! And YES this crisis we'rs all in together WILL PASS!.......at least if my taskmaster does not work me to death before this virus thing goes away! :rolleyes::censored::oops:

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday 3/23 the old beast was hauled away, along with a small accumulation of scrap parts I'd been collecting from the 4 cars in the "stable". Next step is to put the old GEM back into her original hibernation spot that was taken by the Beast.
And then work on replacing the rear hatch outside handle(electrically operated) for the Lux Liner T&C. Just 2 small wires to solder and wrap then bolt the assembly back onto the door. Spring is here but still feels like winter temps, and we got traces of snow the last 2 days!

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today I swapped over the drivers door mirror, the "lux'" was totally discolored, and found that it had been equipped with heated mirror(which never worked)! The unit from the old "Beast" is a normal mirror, no big deal as it is still a power mirror and connector was the same inside the van. Then I got the electric switch outside hatch release changed over also. The original handle's micro switch had corroded and would randomly pop the hatch when parked. Nice to not have to use the inside switch or have the remote fob handy when wanting to get into the rear when the van is unlocked! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts