Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to get a new muffler, and not to sure on what to get,
suggestions are welcome, i hear alot abuot people with flowmaster 40 series... i want a deep rumble, and dont want to sound like a ricer.
and the muffler is single in dual out right?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id love a full exhaust system from zoomers, but not really enough money for it... just want to do little things to car, muffler, and chip i think, then maybe in summer, get a CAI

but do u know if it is 2.25" in and 2*2.25" out?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I am not too sure. I am sure someone on here knows for sure. You could also go measure it. You can figure out the diameter by the measuring the circumference and then dividing that by pi.

·
Registered
565 Posts
the thing to keep in mind with the flowmaster 40 is it WILL be loud inside the car too. I recently installed a flowmaster 50 SUV with single in dual out on my 02 dakota. It's a nice low rumble, very evident on acceleration, yet a slight rumble at highway speed with windows up and radio on.

The 50 series SUV is the 3rd quietest muffler flowmaster makes. the delta 40 is the 3rd loudest muffler they make. check out their website at http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/mufflers.html and look at the graph of interior and exterior sound.

If you want a loud sound 40 maybe right for you. I've seen a lot of posts on various dakota boards where guys get the 40 series and their significant other think it's too loud inside the cab and want them to remove it. If you don't care about interior sound level then the 40 is an excellent choice.

- Dan M

Reactions: Armitank

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
That is great information to keep in mind. I had a glass pack on my probe at one time, and like you said, it was loud inside and out. I didn't sound like a ricer, but it was loud inside the car. My significant other always knew when I was on the road... couldn't fool her!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have always run a Dynomax Ultraflo Stainless Steel muffler. I'd have to say one of the nicest sounding mufflers out there. A nice low rumble at idle and when you jam the go pedal, all hell breaks loose. Only downside is when I was on the highway. Both my Shadow ES V6's were stick and at 65 mph or so the droning on was almost unbearable. Just installed a bigger amp instead! :smileup:

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts