Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Has anyone taken off the stock air cleaner on a 2.4l yet? There seems to be three boltsholding it on. The first one on top is easy, but the other two are on the side attached to the fender and do not seem to have bolts or nuts that are removable. The only solution seems to be to cut the plastic tabs.
:doh:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I just took a look at mine. Mine looks like it has two studs (about 8mm heads on them).
Looks like you could get a socket on the front one. The rear one may need a wrench.
Do you have a pic of yours?
If the studs aren't removable, the metal ring above the rubber grommet may pop off it with a little help. It looks like maybe the studs were screwed in first, then the metal ring snapped over the stud.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Take the front bolt that mounts to your grille area loose. Then, just pull strait up firmly on the box and the other 2 come loose. They just pop on over that stud and are held snugly in place with a rubber seal. That is how it is on the 3.5 at least.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Is the 2.4 setup a big diffrence from the 3.5l?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow

Take the front bolt that mounts to your grille area loose. Then, just pull strait up firmly on the box and the other 2 come loose. They just pop on over that stud and are held snugly in place with a rubber seal. That is how it is on the 3.5 at least.
Wow you were right, it came off with just a a little effort.:smileup:

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Dave... have you had any progress with this intake lately? I am going to buy some tubes and a filter, but I was wanting to know about the angles... Any ideas? I was thinking a 90 from the motor, down to maybe a 30, or a 60.

Do you have any pictures of the stock box out of your car... I have the 2.4l.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
honest

Dave... have you had any progress with this intake lately? I am going to buy some tubes and a filter, but I was wanting to know about the angles... Any ideas? I was thinking a 90 from the motor, down to maybe a 30, or a 60.

Do you have any pictures of the stock box out of your car... I have the 2.4l.
Quite honestly I am using the stock intake hose for now. I found that the radiator hose is in the way of where I want the intake to be. My plan is to take and shorten the radiator hose, and then I will replace the stock hose with something more permanent.

See these pics http://avengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=9997

Look towards the end of the post for what it looks like today.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Great, thanks for the information Dave. I am going to order some pipe to get mine all set up... I will keep you all posted as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts