Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20190824_114251.jpg 20190824_114237.jpg

so far just the grill, badge and stripes. got my eye on a lowering kit and when TPMS sorted wheels will get painted black

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as I have access to a paintshop will probably just paint with 2 pack, this will be almost zero cost, just a bit of time to hand strip the old laquer, going for this sort of look
wheel.jpg

at the moment I'm working betweem two labs, one here in Bristol and one on the Isle of White, so need to keep it on the road and can't afford the time to take the wheels off, chances are this will be a 2020 job

Reactions: topolear

·
Registered
7 Posts
as I have access to a paintshop will probably just paint with 2 pack, this will be almost zero cost, just a bit of time to hand strip the old laquer, going for this sort of look
View attachment 13887

at the moment I'm working betweem two labs, one here in Bristol and one on the Isle of White, so need to keep it on the road and can't afford the time to take the wheels off, chances are this will be a 2020 job
That's good to hear. 2020 is near.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it's been a full on 6 months, work was manic, started with getting ready for Brexit, I work testing nex gen composite jet engines and a lot of the kit we use is European, then this COVID-19 hit us.

The long of it is I am now at home for weeks if not months so perfect time to pick up on the car, Want to fit a 10" touch screen to replace the MyGig that the stealers wont sell me a map update for, got all the bits now bar one, just waiting for a PAC C2R-CHY4 to arrive from the US, surprisingly it was cheaper and just as quick to to buy from the states than over here.

I also wanted to tidy up the accessory wires plus add data and power USB ports and tone down the chrome shifter bezel.
20200330_132714.jpg 20200330_132735.jpg 20200330_132925.jpg

Reactions: 5rebel9

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Hang in there over there, We're on stay at home until 4/15 if not longer. And it's been a long 2.5 weeks already!
Nice to here of someone else involved with Jet aircraft engines, I worked on the ancient Pratt& Whitney J52P408 for the A-4 Skyhawk when I was active duty USMC (air wing)!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
So it's been a full on 6 months, work was manic, started with getting ready for Brexit, I work testing nex gen composite jet engines and a lot of the kit we use is European, then this COVID-19 hit us.

The long of it is I am now at home for weeks if not months so perfect time to pick up on the car, Want to fit a 10" touch screen to replace the MyGig that the stealers wont sell me a map update for, got all the bits now bar one, just waiting for a PAC C2R-CHY4 to arrive from the US, surprisingly it was cheaper and just as quick to to buy from the states than over here.

I also wanted to tidy up the accessory wires plus add data and power USB ports and tone down the chrome shifter bezel.
View attachment 18841 View attachment 18842 View attachment 18843
Looking great:cool: The lock down time does allow a lot of people to get things done for sure.
Stay safe!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally painted wheels yesterday and just refitted them :)
20200424_094708.jpg 20200424_094016.jpg

new center caps ordered and think a set of lower springs may be on the cards soon

Reactions: 5rebel9

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Looking good! And when the new center caps get there, even better!
As weather allows and slowly trickling in internet ordered parts arrive, I've been doing maint. repairs to my stable. My big project yet is to touch up a few needed items to a RUST FREE 05 Buick LaCrosse for my parents, that will replace their underbody dying 07 when the DMV offices reopen from this Covid-19 thing.
Keep up the nice work on your ride over there! :)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could get used to this, work at the moment is week 1, 3 hrs on site, 20 hrs from home, week 2 & 3, wait for a phone call to say next part is in for my attention. Loads of car time, Buggy waiting for parts for the engine build, ended up looking for any job to do on any of the projects o_O

so painted the old centre caps as can't wait for post, can always change them when new caps show up and de-chromed the door handles, never liked the stick on covers but now with black wheels they were just shouting ugly at me
20200425_114206.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts