Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all! Just wanted to show off my 2014 2.4l Dodge Avenger, I've had it since I was 16 as my first car and I've loved it ever since! I've driven her all over the country and even all the way up to northern Ontario a few times as well as on my daily commute to school (which is rather lengthy) Over the years, I've always enjoyed modifying it in my free time and after three weeks in my garage due to the wonderful Ohio snow, I got the chance to do some serious modifications to it and I'm finally ready to show her off! Below is a list of some things that I've done to it over the years, feel free to tell me what you think! :)

Pedal Commander
K&N Cold Air Intake (slightly modified)
Evo X Intake Manifold
H&R Lowering Springs
17" Aftermarket Rims
LED Headlights
Radar Detector
Rixxu Heated seat covers
Vinyl Decals (I was told each one adds 5hp ;))

Plans for the future:
Ported TB (Have one I'm gonna send in in a few weeks!)
Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster muffler (Something that doesn't sound too ricey)
Lightweight Cam
Short Throw dipstick ;)
Syked Tune (Don't want to do it till I have everything else done)
Maybe a Nitrous Kit someday if I get really crazy

Overall I know people give the 4 bangers a lot of crap, but mine has been nothing good to me and I could never dream of selling it, I definitely want something faster someday (after I get school and a house paid for that is) but until then, I want to see how many horses I can squeeze out of her :)

Registered
Hello and welcome! Great to have you with us. Love what you've done with the car.

Registered
Hi Y'all! Just wanted to show off my 2014 2.4l Dodge Avenger, I've had it since I was 16 as my first car and I've loved it ever since! I've driven her all over the country and even all the way up to northern Ontario a few times as well as on my daily commute to school (which is rather lengthy) Over the years, I've always enjoyed modifying it in my free time and after three weeks in my garage due to the wonderful Ohio snow, I got the chance to do some serious modifications to it and I'm finally ready to show her off! Below is a list of some things that I've done to it over the years, feel free to tell me what you think! :)

Pedal Commander
K&N Cold Air Intake (slightly modified)
Evo X Intake Manifold
H&R Lowering Springs
17" Aftermarket Rims
LED Headlights
Radar Detector
Rixxu Heated seat covers
Vinyl Decals (I was told each one adds 5hp ;))

Plans for the future:
Ported TB (Have one I'm gonna send in in a few weeks!)
Dual Exhaust with Flowmaster muffler (Something that doesn't sound too ricey)
Lightweight Cam
Short Throw dipstick ;)
Syked Tune (Don't want to do it till I have everything else done)
Maybe a Nitrous Kit someday if I get really crazy

Overall I know people give the 4 bangers a lot of crap, but mine has been nothing good to me and I could never dream of selling it, I definitely want something faster someday (after I get school and a house paid for that is) but until then, I want to see how many horses I can squeeze out of her :)

View attachment 19408 View attachment 19409 View attachment 19410 View attachment 19411
Light weight cam? ? ?

Reactions: Bitzer12

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #9

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #10

Registered
My bad lol, I meant lightweight crankshaft pulley
If you would like the information. I do know of a set of cams that will work on stock internals that will fit the avenger.

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #13
If you would like the information. I do know of a set of cams that will work on stock internals that will fit the avenger.
For sure, I'm always looking for new projects to do on it!

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #14

Another Small Project I started this weekend, I had some high-temp red paint lying around that I forgot I had and decided to paint the engine cover. I was showing my engine bay to a friend and he was giving me grief for having a terrible looking engine bay so I figured I'd clean it up in my freetime

Registered
Nice job:cool:

Registered
You could always go with some headers as well. Depending on if you want to turbo it or not.

Registered
The set of cams that will work on the avenger are these:
You can run them on stock springs and lifters.

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #18
You could always go with some headers as well. Depending on if you want to turbo it or not.
View attachment 19442
I was looking at getting headers but sadly I have the PEZV engine. I may try and modify a header to work with the PEZV engine since I work at a machine shop but I wouldn't plan on doing that for a while.

Also I didn't think you could turbo the Avenger, I'd definitley look into it if its possible

Registered
2014 Dodge Avenger 2.4l
Discussion Starter #19
The set of cams that will work on the avenger are these:
You can run them on stock springs and lifters.
Thanks! I'll have to add that to my to do list

Registered
You can turbo it. The Dodge Caliber has a SRT version that has the same engine and transmission but has a turbo on it pushing about 5 to 6 lbs of boost.
There isnt a kit for it but i know of all the parts required. Although you did mention yours was a PZEV so not to sure on how that would work out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts