Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Avengers Unite!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed and wiped and cleaned the outside of my 2011 Heat (aka The Dude) the other day and now we are ready for the road! At least for the next five minutes after the pictures were taken anyways (yes, I know... first world problems of black vehicle owners.)

The only 'mod' I've made since buying Dude was taking the dealer decal off (I'd pay more if they didn't put it on in the first place) the trunk lid. I am thinking about dipping the front grille though because the chrome is coming off in several places now and it is bothering me.

But in any case, here he is, my Dude all freshly washed and sexy.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Looking good! Gotta love the way black cars shine when they are clean!

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Lol. I hate having a dark color car too. But when they are shined up, they look amazing. I spent 30 minutes before class This morning In the school parking lot de-dusting/ pollen eliminating and detail spraying my blackberry pearl heat with griots speed shine. Other students that were there were looking at me funny running around my car swiping here swiping there. They were just haters that don't understand .
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
And some people just don't care about their cars, as long as they run to get them where they want to go! You did not have a test today that you should have been LMS for now did you Army dude?

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
No no I was still 30 min early

The picture isn't from school that's my driveway this past weekend after a wash and shine with griots speed shine.

Btw that griots speed shine stuff smells delicious not chemically like other quick detailers
And it is also sold at pepboys now too

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
For the car or for the smell ? I think you have gotten hooked on car related chemical fumes! Do we need to take away your model glue also? LOL
You also told me your college course was accelerated PHYSICS not accelerated PSYCHEDELICS!

·
Unfinished Project Man
242 Posts
Haha you got me on that one. But for real the griots spray really does not have that heavy duty bathroom cleaner smell that some companies have. It has a nice sweet smell to it so if some spills in your car, like mine did yesterday it won't leave your car smelling like a janitors closet

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Long time no hear! LOL>LOL ! But keep me informed of your olfactory sense for good fragrances that can long term hide bad smells. Had some diesel fuel spill in my T&C over the winter,Have taken water hose to whole floor trying to "float" it out but smell is still there. Not as bad, but on hot days you can't miss it.

·
Avengers Unite!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am new to the whole detailing accessories thing, mainly because this is my first black car I think. There's definitely a full wash in my buddy's future because it needs to be clean Wednesday for the paint estimate on the driver's side doors. I second finding a way to repel pollen... if we can have electrically charged colour changing paint, why on't we have pollen repellers?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts