Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
MyGig

For those that want to watch TV while driving, Navtv.com has an interface that'll bypass the factory settings... I haven't tried it but after searching a few other forums for solutions, here's what I've found. If you try it or have any other methods (that you tried and actually succeeded) feel free to share. http://www.navtv.com/

I’m sure many people are experiencing this issue now.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
MyGIG SOFTWARE UPDATE

For those that have the mygig system, you may want to check your software version and upgrade... I did mine today, moved from version (9.4xx) to the latest application software update (v9.561). I've noticed a few changes and the file uploaded with ease. Here is source for the link I'm posting Nitroforumz.com - Click Here. Download the zip file, unzip the file, copy the three files to a CD or a USB device that holds over 580MB file space. Place the disc in the mygig system and follow the prompts and in about 10 minutes you're done.

Here are a few changed I've noticed right off the back. The warning "Accept" prompt goes away automatically, less than 5 seconds. On my system, the Jukebox (JB), HDD, and Disc tabs are rearranged. (HDD, JB, Disc) The tab for the rear DVD video is no longer there. -- Enjoy

Here's a quote from the original post. Same rules apply to Avengerforumz.com

Owners assume all risk and responsibility if they perform this update. Nitroforumz.com will not assume responsibility for MyGIG hardware or software failure due to performing this update.

Here is a link for the download:DOWNLOAD

The file is quite large, 362.2MB and will take some time to download. Unzip the files to your Hard drive and burn them to a quality CD data disc:

1. Data Disc name needs to be NTG4_9.561

2. Root directory MUST contain only one folder and two files:

BECKER (folder)
CD_INFO.CDI
CONFIG.CDI

If you find this information helpful, hit the rep button for "NitroTech":cool:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
For those that want to watch TV while driving, Navtv.com has an interface that'll bypass the factory settings... I haven't tried it but after searching a few other forums for solutions, here's what I've found. If you try it or have any other methods (that you tried and actually succeeded) feel free to share. http://www.navtv.com/

I’m sure many people are experiencing this issue now.
Watching TV while driving would be one of more dangerous habits to get into.

Officer I did not noticed that the vehicle had stop bececause I was watching TV.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's more for the passengers. My girl, her daughter etc... niece and nephews to watch when I take road trips etc... Although my purpose is for passengers, I still don't see the difference between being able to glance at a DVD, navigation, Satellite radio options etc...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

When I did the update, the software disc would not come out when I pushed the open/close button. Once I parked at my friend house, came back outside maybe about 10 minutes later, hit the button and the disk came out.

When using the remote start, if I don’t unlock the driver door before I open the trunk the car cut off… and I know that’s normal. But sometimes when I start the car up after that happens, the radio will turn on but no sound from a source will come out (HDD, Disc, Sat, AM/FM). Again I have to turn the car off for a minute or two before the radio works again.

I’ll update with anything else I find.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

Here's a post I came across from an unhappy customer of NavTV.com

**WARNING!!!**WARNING!!!**
DO NOT ORDER FROM NAV-TV!!!

What a terrible experience; I have never dealt with a more unprofessional company in my life.

Long story short, the second FreeGIG came in and was just as messed up as the first one. It also had another $100 delivery charge. At first I refused delivery and after days of calling between UPS and Nav-TV I was able to get the shipping charge down to $23 only to find out that it was more money wasted.

After contacting Nav-TV and asking for a refund, as well as an account number that I could charge the return shipping fees to, I was YELLED AT by their dumbass employees and made to feel like this was somehow MY fault.

I questioned them as to whether or not they even TESTED this product for an Avenger, and after dancing around the question they finally admitted that they have NOT... their engineer just "figured it would probably work".

Nice for them to tell me AFTER I've already tossed $470+ at this stupid thing.

I just shipped back both products today and am in talks with the Better Business Bureau to go after these jerks for all of the money I wasted buying a product that was sold to me in bath faith.

If Nav-TV wants to continue playing hard-ball, I think a call to my lawyer is coming next.

***NAV-TV ARE A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!***

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have the email address for the head of engineering over at Harmon Becker, as well as one of the other engineers there. They are more than willing to help with problems on the MyGig and will even send out software updates via fedex if necessary.

Lucky for me, they are only 10 minutes away hehe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mygig software update

thank you very much for the information, this worked like wonders. its funny that the dealer does not have the update!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
thank you very much for the information, this worked like wonders. its funny that the dealer does not have the update!
For some reason, probably because this is 2007 and these cars are 2008, I don't think the updates are going to the dealers right away. I think they are updating and sending to the plants, and later on next year the dealer may get the updates.

I also know that sometime in the end of december, beginning of january, there will be another update. I have a motorola Q and the bluetooth doesn't work all that great with it, but hopefully the engineers over at HB will improve on that in the next update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love MyGIG... But, I've got realy concerns with the navigation portion of the system. This thing finds practically nothing where I'm needing to go. For example - grocery store is right across the street (been there a LONG time). MyGIg, can't find it - but it does find one with the same name 400 miles away! :i_rolleyes: Don't get me wrong - the locations it does find, it gets me there no problem - turns are accurate, etc. Does anyone know how/when/if there will be or are updates for the NAV component of MyGIG???

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was having the same problem....i brought it back to the dealer and they downloaded newer software....it works great now...before that iw ould put something in and it would tell me to drive to Michigan....lol:doh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks ZOdiak. I have an appt. at the dealer for a factory warrantied upholstery repair on the 26th. I'll ask them about that then and post how things go. Thanks for your input. If anyone else has ideas or solutions, let me know...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excellent idea.. This site is awesome!!!

I really need to do that also. I have the same exact problem.. I can't even find the local grocery store, but I can find one in Texas.

I do have one other problem with regards to the navigation. I work on a military base and the navigation always tries to get me to go through the north gate instead of the main gate. Even when it is obvious the main gate is much shorter and quicker. At first I thought it's because they think there is no entrance at the main gate, but instead of telling me to make a u-turn at the last corner it will then re-route me correctly after I pass the last turn.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Excellent idea.. This site is awesome!!!

I really need to do that also. I have the same exact problem.. I can't even find the local grocery store, but I can find one in Texas.

I do have one other problem with regards to the navigation. I work on a military base and the navigation always tries to get me to go through the north gate instead of the main gate. Even when it is obvious the main gate is much shorter and quicker. At first I thought it's because they think there is no entrance at the main gate, but instead of telling me to make a u-turn at the last corner it will then re-route me correctly after I pass the last turn.

Any ideas?
Have you played with the routing options? You can change the routing options from quickest route, shortest route, maximize freeways, etc.

Yes, I love mine now that they updated the software. Its something they dont think about when selling the car to you. once you get the new software you will be set.
:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The upgrade is on the thread I created a week or so ago, that's if you don't want to wait to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
PM me if you want the email address of the guy at harmon becker. They are very cool about issues with thier system and can/will often fedex out a update if your not local.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts