Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have the normal mygig w/o the ren...yeah it died...not working at all...any suggestions, I really don't want to take it in the dealership... :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not working as in no sound? Or nothing at all? Could try pulling the fuse for a few minutes and see if a reset helps. If its no sound, thats sort of a known issue. Leaving it off awhile or pulling the fuse for a few minutes usually works.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not working as in no sound? Or nothing at all? Could try pulling the fuse for a few minutes and see if a reset helps. If its no sound, thats sort of a known issue. Leaving it off awhile or pulling the fuse for a few minutes usually works.
Thanks krichek...That did the trick...Wow are these things worst than Windows... LOL I forgot its like a computer - couldn't figure out how to "cold boot" it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm having the no sound issue with mine also. I have the MyGIG w/Nav. I started to make fun of the Ford SYNC powered by Microsoft and now I'm the one having issues with my radio.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very good info, some rep going your way.

·
Registered
112 Posts
lol you would think MS would have more problems than linux...
The OS on the MyGig is actually QNX not Linux. I had a vehicle equipped with the Sync system for 3 days before deciding on my R/T. It really is a very good system, including many more voice commands and the ability to control most digital music players via voice or steering wheel controls.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The OS on the MyGig is actually QNX not Linux. I had a vehicle equipped with the Sync system for 3 days before deciding on my R/T. It really is a very good system, including many more voice commands and the ability to control most digital music players via voice or steering wheel controls.
Oh is it a compressed version of *nix?

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, QNX is not based on Unix. I guess you could say it is like Linux but different. It's been around for 25+ years now.
Wierd I have never heard of it, but I don't particular try to work on *nix systems...I'm stuck w/ an AS/400 and a RS/6000 running AIX at work :p But it does remind of the good ole DOS days :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Zee, yours might need a software update. Not sure what level is current on the REN though i will try to ask when I get a chance.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zee, yours might need a software update. Not sure what level is current on the REN though i will try to ask when I get a chance.
Yeah it's current I believe....9.004 is what I am finding everywhere on the net...it's goofy - I'm sure soon someone will hack it (the software) so we can add custom apps to it :p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yeah it's current I believe....9.004 is what I am finding everywhere on the net...it's goofy - I'm sure soon someone will hack it (the software) so we can add custom apps to it :p

That would be nice...not sure its that "hackable" though. :/

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
LOL I'm a hardware guy, I took one programming class in college and we ended up skipping it and going to the bar instead.
Ahh lol. I think I had one as well that I should have gone to the bar instead. :p

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahh lol. I think I had one as well that I should have gone to the bar instead. :p
LOL We tried to compare programming to the bar...

Like my friend was variable X, some hot chick he liked was varible Y, well X tried to add himself to Y to equal Z, but instead came up with a negative integer.... :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts