Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! So, Keeping the 2.4L N/A, what would an ecu tune look like? Would I see HP gain completely stock or should I get an exhaust system, intake, etc. beforehand? hptuners.com and sykedecutuning.com has upgrade services compatible, and I’ve seen it talked about a little bit on the forum. If I’m right someone on the forum got a turbo on the 2.4 and a tune from one of those sites to keep the tranny stable

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
The best combination would be to get a tune(such as Syked) a proper cold air intake, and a good free flowing exhaust. They will all work together for the best result. They have to work together in combination.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
96 Posts
A tune will always help. But without changing cams or compression, I wouldn't expect TOO much of a change. Even a CAI and exhaust will only change the sound of the car more than make it faster.

If you have the automatic transmission, that is what will kill your tune. There is apparently nobody out there willing to tune the variable line pressure Chrysler tranny. You are stuck with your ~2000rpm stall, and stuck with the BS factory shift points, and BS factory desired line pressure model... worst of all, we are stuck with the BS factory [email protected]$$ lockup nonsense where the transmission preceeds every lockup of the TC with a quasi half lock to easy into it or some smooth operation nonsense... it would be better if we just had lightning fast lockup every time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A tune will always help. But without changing cams or compression, I wouldn't expect TOO much of a change. Even a CAI and exhaust will only change the sound of the car more than make it faster.

If you have the automatic transmission, that is what will kill your tune. There is apparently nobody out there willing to tune the variable line pressure Chrysler tranny. You are stuck with your ~2000rpm stall, and stuck with the BS factory shift points, and BS factory desired line pressure model... worst of all, we are stuck with the BS factory [email protected]$$ lockup nonsense where the transmission preceeds every lockup of the TC with a quasi half lock to easy into it or some smooth operation nonsense... it would be better if we just had lightning fast lockup every time.
So heres my question- Im young and don’t necessarily have an emotional attachment to the car but I sure would love to keep it. I want more hp and was considering an engine swap when the current engine or tranny gives out. If I swap the engine, Id assume Id also have to tranny swap. Does any transmission fit in a dodge avenger and is it worth it or should I just go and look for an

Everythings pointing to a CSRT4 Avenger swap. I honestly don't prefer the idea of a daily manual, but only because I’ve never gotten real manual experience yet. Do you have any knowledge on the swap and what is required? I figure the Trans and engine but do you know if theres anything else I should be aware of?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
ECU and wiring would be a major concern.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 S
17 Posts
So heres my question- Im young and don’t necessarily have an emotional attachment to the car but I sure would love to keep it. I want more hp and was considering an engine swap when the current engine or tranny gives out. If I swap the engine, Id assume Id also have to tranny swap. Does any transmission fit in a dodge avenger and is it worth it or should I just go and look for an

Everythings pointing to a CSRT4 Avenger swap. I honestly don't prefer the idea of a daily manual, but only because I’ve never gotten real manual experience yet. Do you have any knowledge on the swap and what is required? I figure the Trans and engine but do you know if theres anything else I should be aware of?
If i was you. i will try and search first.. someone that knows about ECU. That's major concern for those cars. You might have to get an aftermarket ecu.
And if you plan to swap a SRT4, the same thing comes in line.. ECU. There's place to put the engine and the transmission, maybe custom some of the engine and transmission mounts. But its possible. But wiring like someone stated...
Putting a turbo will be easier trust me. With a custom manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If i was you. i will try and search first.. someone that knows about ECU. That's major concern for those cars. You might have to get an aftermarket ecu.
And if you plan to swap a SRT4, the same thing comes in line.. ECU. There's place to put the engine and the transmission, maybe custom some of the engine and transmission mounts. But its possible. But wiring like someone stated...
Putting a turbo will be easier trust me. With a custom manifold.
would the custom manifold support and size turbo/twin turbo based on how it was made? Also, whats else goes into this? I’ve always heard you can bolt on the CSRT4 turbo but no ones ever posted straight results. Say I got the turbo and maybe a proper tune, would I have to worry about my trans, ecu, cooling etc.?

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 S
17 Posts
would the custom manifold support and size turbo/twin turbo based on how it was made? Also, whats else goes into this? I’ve always heard you can bolt on the CSRT4 turbo but no ones ever posted straight results. Say I got the turbo and maybe a proper tune, would I have to worry about my trans, ecu, cooling etc.?
actually you will have to go to a custom shop for that, they will let you know everything. I have to tell you that the trans cant handle a lot of torque. thats the primary problem at the moment

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
96 Posts
Set up your suspension, brakes, exhaust, and cooling first... way first.

Then, grab the twin scroll turbo off a 2013-2014 Hyundai Genesis (28231-2C600)... should bolt right up, and there's plenty of room back there.

Sure, it's for a 2.0L, but if you aren't changing cams... you won't have the rpms to outrun this turbo anyways. The CSRT4 uses the same cams we got, so truck rpms WITH BOOST is what we get to expect. It will never be fast, but it should be fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Set up your suspension, brakes, exhaust, and cooling first... way first.

Then, grab the twin scroll turbo off a 2013-2014 Hyundai Genesis (28231-2C600)... should bolt right up, and there's plenty of room back there.

Sure, it's for a 2.0L, but if you aren't changing cams... you won't have the rpms to outrun this turbo anyways. The CSRT4 uses the same cams we got, so truck rpms WITH BOOST is what we get to expect. It will never be fast, but it should be fun.
I’ve never heard of using a genesis turbo, this is 100% bolt-on? What about manifolds and such?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts