Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopped a curb while reversing, drove off of it, later when I got home the left side of my bumper was hanging off. I was able to pop it back into place but I fear that when I go back on the road it will start hanging again due to the inside of the bumper/mud flap type thing being broken away from screws (If you know what part this is please let me know) This photo is the rear left tire:
CIRCLED PROBS.jpg
The problems are circled the top circle is what I popped back in to place, the bottom circle is the part that came undone and is no longer screwed down

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Reactions: krysxk

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Welcome to the forum, But OUCH that's got to hurt! This is not a 5 minute fix, but not a hard one.
You will need to jack up that corner and remove the wheel ,take out the screws that attach the bumper fascia to the fender liner(black part)and fit larger washers to hold over the broken part. Or drill new holes using the broken out originals as a guide,reusing the original screws an clip nuts. The upper circle should be a bolt , find a bigger washer yhat fits the bolt and covers broke out area of fascia. Like Intrepid posted ...Stuff happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum, But OUCH that's got to hurt! This is not a 5 minute fix, but not a hard one.
You will need to jack up that corner and remove the wheel ,take out the screws that attach the bumper fascia to the fender liner(black part)and fit larger washers to hold over the broken part. Or drill new holes using the broken out originals as a guide,reusing the original screws an clip nuts. The upper circle should be a bolt , find a bigger washer yhat fits the bolt and covers broke out area of fascia. Like Intrepid posted ...Stuff happens.
I have no experience working with cars and I don't want to screw this up, any suggestions on where to take it to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Sorry , had to be out for a while.
A body shop is going to cost big time , a reliable repair shop would probably do as I suggested probably an hours time.
But sorry I can not help you finding a shop in Houston.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
No response yet? Come on you Houston Avenger drivers Can you not help out a new driver/Avenger owner? I know Houston is a BIG city!! But does it take us northerners to try to help out a southerner ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts