Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I replaced the valve cover gasket on my 2009 Dodge Avenger and days later it started stalling out while I was driving it. I haven’t been able to drive it since then as it stalls out at most it would run for 60 seconds. Not being able to pinpoint the problem I replaced the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, battery, alternator, and Variable valve timing solenoid. None of that seems to have helped because it won’t even start up and run at all anymore because it kills immediately. Somehow oil keeps getting into the spark plug wells. The battery light, oil light and red lightning bolt pop up on the dashboard which makes me believe it’s an electrical issue but if someone can help me out it would be much appreciated became I’m at a loss as to what the problem could be and how to fix it to get back on the road. Any knowledge that could be shared would be a HUGE help and thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
2.4 motor??? If oil gets in the plug wells, you open the VC and see why. It's not good for ignition operation.
Otherwise did you research trouble codes from the computer BEFORE throwing in all those parts?? Each code will have diagnostic inspections to perform to "nail down" root cause problem. NOT followed you are wasting money and getting nowhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i had a issue with my caliber with the lightening bolt icon and my passenger light out. , changed the TIPM under the hood and it fixed it, its not much but this is whats happened to me, i own a 2009 avenger and same thing with lighting bolt, i just changed the TIPM from a sebring and it now works good.
from a sebring and it now works good.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
i had a issue with my caliber with the lightening bolt icon and my passenger light out. , changed the TCIM under the hood and it fixed it, its not much but this is whats happened to me, i own a 2009 avenger and same thing with lighting bolt, i just changed the TCIM from a sebring and it now works good. View attachment 19392 from a sebring and it now works good.
Did you mean TIPM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few weeks ago I replaced the valve cover gasket on my 2009 Dodge Avenger and days later it started stalling out while I was driving it. I haven’t been able to drive it since then as it stalls out at most it would run for 60 seconds. Not being able to pinpoint the problem I replaced the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, battery, alternator, and Variable valve timing solenoid. None of that seems to have helped because it won’t even start up and run at all anymore because it kills immediately. Somehow oil keeps getting into the spark plug wells. The battery light, oil light and red lightning bolt pop up on the dashboard which makes me believe it’s an electrical issue but if someone can help me out it would be much appreciated became I’m at a loss as to what the problem could be and how to fix it to get back on the road. Any knowledge that could be shared would be a HUGE help and thank you in advance! View attachment 19390

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bad coil pack, bad maf sensor, bad fuel pump relay.
One of these is your problem. If your getting oil down in your spark plug wells them im pretty sure it's your coil packs. Just like water oil doesn't get along with electricity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys I appreciate all the feedback you guys helped me out a TON so thank you all. I ended up fixing the problem just by replacing the TIPM. Again thanks to everyone who helped me out!!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Great news!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts