Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I’ve checked out this forum multiple times but I’m looking to do some exterior upgrades to my build so far. I’m on sort of a budget and not looking to spend a lot of money currently. This is what I have done personally to my build so far. I just got the car completely stock exterior about 5 months ago. Looking for either a front bumper lip and rear roof fins. Getting new tires soon and putting dodge decals on the tires. I also want a new matte black spoiler too. I’ve already done a custom exhaust too. Any other ideas I’m all ears! If you know of any budget modifications, please let me know. Thanks guys!
ADC0087D-B7D1-480A-B440-61776E009421.jpeg
B83749DD-2F5F-48ED-8CA5-939EC6E3CC17.jpeg
C26019E4-EF52-45D9-A1FA-67A947AB53BA.jpeg
86867609-CBE1-46B1-9C8C-1D63D16CC072.jpeg

Click to see my custom exhaust cold start

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Welcome to the Forumz! Nice looking ride with what you've done so far. What year and motor size have you got there?

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Don't forget to "budget" in for replacing the timing belt soon if not already done. Would be a shame to have a nice looking yard ornament and no "go" due to the motor getting "lunched" by a broken belt.....;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't forget to "budget" in for replacing the timing belt soon if not already done. Would be a shame to have a nice looking yard ornament and no "go" due to the motor getting "lunched" by a broken belt.....;)
Haha. Im not even sure where the exact location of the timing belt is on my vehicle. Id assume on the right side (when standing from the front of the car) because the serpentine belt is on the left?

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
YUP, you're close. It's under covers on the serp. belt end of the motor...a pretty big job for "first timers" to tackle. Do some reading thru the mech. problems and questions and 3.5 performance sub page. to find out more or check out you tube about timing belt work on the 3.5
Enjoy your ride! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YUP, you're close. It's under covers on the serp. belt end of the motor...a pretty big job for "first timers" to tackle. Do some reading thru the mech. problems and questions and 3.5 performance sub page. to find out more or check out you tube about timing belt work on the 3.5
Enjoy your ride! :)
Sure will! Ive done many repairs on cars before, but of course im no professional mechanic. I probably could nock out changing the timing belt because i have all the tools and a big shop to do so!

·
Registered
851 Posts
umm. how about the rear defuser that goes on the top of the rear window, or changing out the rear antenna for a shark fin antenna or the garage door sealer for a front lip or mud flaps or ???
Car looks good with that color and black accents.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
You've done a great job with your car(y) Maybe a rear window spoiler like I put on mine?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks and sounds great! I'd recommend maybe some lighting underneath, Fast & Furious type beat.
Under-glow lighting is illegal in Michigan sadly. They are sold in all the auto stores around here, yet people get pulled over and fined a pretty hefty check for underglows..... I really wanted to get them but im not so sure anymore!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts