Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you accepting my membership request ...I am anxious to learn more about my Avenger from the massive wealth of knowledge that has been posted by the members of the forum.

Hello,
My name is Kevin and I reside in the Piedmont of North Carolina; and after many years of interest and admiration, I am finally the owner of a 2008 Avenger R/T as of December the 31st, 2019.

Awesome way to start the new year, right? Overall, I have definitely enjoyed it so far ...especially the mini "beer cooler" above the glove box. :p However, there are a few things that I will have to repair, change, modify, etc. ...such as the "GASCAP" issue, the clicking actuator, the "Illuminated Approach" (it's got to go), and the exhaust tone/note (it definitely needs a little growl to it), as well as a few other things in order to make it unique from all the other Avengers on the road.

I'm looking forward to meeting the other owner/members, looking at the photos and modifications, and all the information provided here ...especially any info on how to squeeze more horsepower out of the 3.5 V6.

Glad to be back in a Mopar!
Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the Forumz! I was a 4 year temporary "Tar Heel" while stationed over at MCAS Cherry Point out near the coast. :)
Due to the age of your new to you ride...strongly urge you either find the true maint. history of your car for the engines timing belt being replaced , and if not that you make it your FIRST priority of things to do. Otherwise you may not be enjoying your ride for very long if it breaks. Other needed "touch ups" are pretty common to all sedans, and your wanted "mods" will def. make yours "unique for you! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy and welcome to the Forumz! I was a 4 year temporary "Tar Heel" while stationed over at MCAS Cherry Point out near the coast. :)
Due to the age of your new to you ride...strongly urge you either find the true maint. history of your car for the engines timing belt being replaced , and if not that you make it your FIRST priority of things to do. Otherwise you may not be enjoying your ride for very long if it breaks. Other needed "touch ups" are pretty common to all sedans, and your wanted "mods" will def. make yours "unique for you! ;)
Hiya ...thanks for the recommendation ...moreover, thank you for your service!
I fully understand the timing belt issue and its importance, and I'm hoping that the info I found during my research was accurate. If so, I may be in luck having found a 2008 model with only 64k miles ...in that the timing belt issue comes about after 100k miles. Please correct me on that if I have been misinformed.
Thanks again...
Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reception y'all!

Hey jkelly ...you seeing snow over in Raleigh today? ...its been nice ...just wish it were cooler so it would stick. :(

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
There is also an age(year) recommendation that goes along with mileage recommendation. IF your don't know if it's been done yet...get it done SOON.

And it was a Privilege to have served, got the job I wanted and LOVED bring in NC. :)

And LOL of your SNOW...I "smuggled" winter snowstorms down from home here near Buffalo, NY for each of the 3 winters that I was there. And The "Tar Heels" didn't know what to do with it....closed EVERYTHING DOWN for days at a time(78, 79 and 80), yes it's been some time since I did my Service! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is also an age(year) recommendation that goes along with mileage recommendation. IF your don't know if it's been done yet...get it done SOON.

And it was a Privilege to have served, got the job I wanted and LOVED bring in NC. :)

And LOL of your SNOW...I "smuggled" winter snowstorms down from home here near Buffalo, NY for each of the 3 winters that I was there. And The "Tar Heels" didn't know what to do with it....closed EVERYTHING DOWN for days at a time(78, 79 and 80), yes it's been some time since I did my Service! ;)
You are definitely correct about the snow in NC ...it doesn't happen often enough for me (I love driving/playing around in it), and it doesn't even have to be snow ...if it starts drizzling rain 95% of NC drivers freak out. But with this day and age, I think its mostly due to interfering with their texting.

You've got my interest peaked ...I'll most definitely check out the condition of the timing belt!

Have a good one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts