Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 avenger se 2.4 The first time my car wouldnt start was a couple months ago and i put a new alternator in it. Started & ran for about a week and the battery light came on and it started to lose power on the freeway i pulled over , it didnt die but i shut it off and it wouldnt start. Got it towed home. Put a new battery in it. It started 2 days after the battery light came on and got home shut it off and wouldnt start again . Put new connectors wouldnt start. Exchanged the alternater since it was under warrenty . Put it in it started and ran for a week. After work a week later it wouldnt start i tried jumping it no start clicked once then nothing. Towed it home got a new starter put it in nothing clicked once then nothing. Please help ive had too many hands on it and cant figure it out. I cant afford a shop since i need my car for work.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
There must be some codes that come up? Disconnect your battery and pull the TIPM out to check all electrical connections on the bottom of the unit for corrosion and good connection. Check all grounds and connections at the battery and the remote jump posts for any loose or corroded wires.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
TIPM or battery lead corrosion are the likely culperits. Take all connection points from the battery to the jumping posts apart and clean to bare shiny metal and reassemble with a good coating of dielectric grease. Yes it does make a difference. This is one of the most common mistakes people make by not cleaning to bare shiny metal. All the it looks good will cause more issues. Doesn't take much time but a huge difference with voltage and amperage to run todays vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats been done already . My lights come on bright my alarm comes on and doors lock from button on my key. But the trunk wont open from key or button on dash. I noticed this yesterday. Do you mean codes from a obd2 reader? Thank you for any and all advice and comments.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Thats been done already . My lights come on bright my alarm comes on and doors lock from button on my key. But the trunk wont open from key or button on dash. I noticed this yesterday. Do you mean codes from a obd2 reader? Thank you for any and all advice and comments.
Yes OBD codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you yes Ill be doing that today. Ive learned alot with this car seems like always something. But i love my blue avenger. Ive always been able to figure out whats wrong untill now. Ive been told check the ignition and security system. Any advice on that area? I know nothing about that area, but willing and able to listen and learn .

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Does the anti-theft red light flash on your dash? Maybe try a different key?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've replaced both ckp/cmp and cleared codes but check engine light never fails. 2010 2.4L. What's next? Help....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts