Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Avenger but not new to Dodge. The avenger is my 3rd Dodge Vehicle.

My first was a 95 dakota SLT club cab 4x4 with 3.9L V6 auto
My current truck is a 02 dakota SLT+ QC 4x4 with 4.7L V8 auto

And of course I have my new Avenger R/T marathon blue with sunroof, 18" chrome wheels. I am working on getting MOPAR remote start installed but running into a lot of hassle - more to come on that later.

Oh, I'm located near Atlanta Georgia.

- Dan M

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is part of the premium convenience package which I do not have.

- Dan M

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome!

I wonder if it might not be better to get a aftermarket alarm system. I think the Mopar aftermarket remote start is a seperate keyfob anyways. Just a thought!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yes the mopar remote start requires a separate key fob.. I had the remote start put in last week.. I am having problems with it though... i try to start it and the panic feature goes off

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yes the mopar remote start requires a separate key fob.. I had the remote start put in last week.. I am having problems with it though... i try to start it and the panic feature goes off
Eeps....sounds like they miswired something...that must get old really fast. :(

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If you don't have the premium conveience package that has remote start, do you have an alarm? If you don't I would seriously consider getting a aftermarket alarm with a remote start since you already are going to have a extra keyfob. Might save you some money on insurance as well! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts