Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
There is a billet grille on eBay that has all three slots in the bottom made up. I am not too sure I like the classic grille though. It just seems like it is missing something. Good luck with your decision though! Thanks for the links too!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Does anybody kow if i can remove the whole grill and replace with aftermarket one, i tlking about the whole thing. I hate the chrome like plastic with the dodge embelem on the front. I wanna make it all blk. I was thinkin about taking it off and painting it blk but plastic i think will crack or chip, the paint wont stay on. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Get an SE grille that is painted... You can take out the backing and put mesh behind there or do something to that nature.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
mesh grill inserts r expensive online..i think ill go to home depot and get some paint it blk and put it in..

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Do what Markio did for mesh. Go buy some from your local hardware store (he got his from ebay), which I think he said 9 feet long by 8 inches wide. You can use hot glue to install it. He said it was easy and painless. You just want to keep your eye on the glue joint as they may wear over time. I think he said he bought his mesh for around $12-$14. That is pretty cheap for mesh in my book! You might even get it in chrome if you want for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sphinx is correct on his info. I got the stainless chrome mesh on e-bay and it turned out pretty good to me. They have several styles of mesh - round, diamond, etc.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Can you PM me with the seller you bought from Markio? I looked on ebay today, but I can't find any for the life of me. What keywords did you use when you searched for it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yea Pm me too with it if u will plz..

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I was searching on ebay today, and if you type in 'Diamond Mesh' in the search bar you may find what Markio used. Here is one that I found, but it is only 6" wide. Let me know if you all find something else!

·
Registered
129 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
i was just wondering how do u install the meshd grill if u dont want to use chicken wires or hot glue??

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I am not really sure. There might be some hardware you could use. Maybe some clamps or something that you can screw into the grille edge. Markio may have a better solution though.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If u do that ur gonna need to cover up the slots in the bumper from the stock grill as well. I took mine out today just to get an idea of what i wanna do

·
Registered
129 Posts
If u do that ur gonna need to cover up the slots in the bumper from the stock grill as well. I took mine out today just to get an idea of what i wanna do
did you take a picture ?

do you think the whole new grill assembly one
will cover up the slots?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Mounting tip

The really nice kits actually mount in place with brackets coming from the rear or into the sides. I had a set on my S-10.

I am looking at painting the inside of the grill to match the body and leaving the plastic chrome.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i was just wondering how do u install the meshd grill if u dont want to use chicken wires or hot glue??
Well first off, I wouldn't use chicken wire. I would get some good mesh and try to figure out the best way for you to attach it. If you don't want to glue it, maybe you can take apart the bumper and grille assemblies and find ways to attach it with wire ties or wire. I chose hot glue because it was cheap, fast, and didn't involve taking anything apart, and it turned out exactly how I wanted. If you are talking about the nicer grille selling on e-bay, I'm sure it comes with mounting hardware and instructions.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I was just thinking about this over the weekend, and zip ties may be the fastest and cheapest way of doing it. I would think you could drill some holes that would support the zip ties. I will have to wait and see when I get my car. That is probably the first thing I will do.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Zip ties were my first thought, and the mesh I got even came with some, but once you see the bumper and the grille assemblies you might change your mind. To attach mesh to the 3 bottom sections on the lower fascia with wire ties you will have to take off a large section of plastic under the front to access the rear of the bumper area. You will probably have to take the whole grille off as well to access the rear of it, unless you have some magic wiretie feeding skills. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts