Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was good while it lasted, now i have to get a legal exhaust system. I got caught by MP's this morning and got a repaire order till next friday lol, now i got to go exhaust hunting this weekend....Nomore straight pipe for me so any suggestions plz feel free..... thanx

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
It was only a matter of time before the police said 'Too loud son' lol. Sorry to hear about your encounter. Did they issue a ticket? How much is the ticket if they gave you one? Maybe a magnaflow? Or maybe a Zoomers! Good luck with your hunt.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Maybe a Borla muffler? The Stormtrooper has a Borla - it would nice to hear it if anyone can find a video with sound.
I had a borla muffler on my stratus (2.7L v6) and it made an awesome low rumble sound...not sure how it would on the avenger though...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no ticket a repaire order he has all my info cause it was an mp so i need to get it fixed by next friday, he has my unit and my wrk phone number

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Well at least you only have to get it fixed. I almost got a ticket when i had a glass pack on my probe GT, he just gave me a ticket for expired license plates... lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Still gonna cost money to fix it, right? Oh well...what can ya do? lol you need a quick disconnect kit or something hehe

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's actually pretty obnoxious to go blaring around on a straight pipe. A nice rumble is good, but when you're waking people up, well, it's not an undeserved ticket.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's actually pretty obnoxious to go blaring around on a straight pipe. A nice rumble is good, but when you're waking people up, well, it's not an undeserved ticket.
Well i cant help my car sounds like a beast...a charger R/T with flowmaster exhaust it louder than mine....Its not obnoxious its a great sound listen to my sound clips b4 u knock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here is a drawing from Greg at Borla sent me for a 08 Avenger R/T (fwd) It should be out any day now.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dude this is awesome...did he quote an estimate on cost? I'm assuming this is a full cat-back system?
No price,I am assuming its going to be around $800 - $900.00 for catback

Don't quote me on this but, it is suppose to be out around the 20th of this month.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Is that the Borla exhaust? Or is that the link to Bullet's straight pipe?

When listening to exaust vids, keep in mind that it depends on your speakers, how much base/treble, the quality of the mic, etc.
And the vid above has the mic next to just one exaust pipe. That's almost like turning the balance to full left.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is that a Borla exhaust?

When listen to exaust vids, keep in mind that it depends on your speakers, how much base/treble, the quality of the mic, etc.
And the vid above has the mic next to just one exaust pipe. That's almost like turning the balance to full left.
I am pretty sure it is a straight pipe,no muffler

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Is that a Borla exhaust?

When listen to exaust vids, keep in mind that it depends on your speakers, how much base/treble, the quality of the mic, etc.
Ahh Dave, I'm glad your wise...I would of just thought it sounded like that lol - gotta keep us youngin's in check! :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts