Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
This sounds like the Corsa not the Magnaflow. I have a Magnaflow and it sounds nothing like this. Is this a new Catback or just a custom piping and Magnaflow straight Pipe with no resentor. How his the drone when driving at 40mph?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a custom kit. Round maganflow muffler where the old resonator used to be. Then 2.5 inch stainless steel pipe. Y pipe near the back then dual tips. It looks very similar to the flowmaster kit. Just magnaflow muffler and tips. It drones a little at 2k. Nice rumble when cruising on the highway.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I gotta say, that is quite a difference from cold to warmed up! When first started up, I was like "uhm another fart can", but then the WARMED UP text showed and all I can say is da-uhm! Sounds Great! Good Job! The real test is, do you like it? ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its a custom kit. Round maganflow muffler where the old resonator used to be. Then 2.5 inch stainless steel pipe. Y pipe near the back then dual tips. It looks very similar to the flowmaster kit. Just magnaflow muffler and tips. It drones a little at 2k. Nice rumble when cruising on the highway.
So resonator completely eliminated? What's the exact magnaflow part number? It sounds awesome exactly what im lookin for!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. Yeah I love it so far. I don't even turn the radio on now, lol. Part number 12646. 18'' long 6'' around. Single in and out. The camera doesn't do it justice, much louder and deeper in person.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Seems like a much cheaper alternative to the expensive full kits. Why is it that it sounds so different when warmed up? Is it always like that or was that the 1st time u had started it since the install? U should take some more videos maybe get a drive by and an acceleration.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not entirely sure why it sounds so different. The muffler placement and the y-pipe all the way in the back is my guess. Its way cheaper than the prefab kits. $450. I havent even had it for a week yet but yeah it always sounds like that when I first start it then it calms down. Im wondering if the sound is going to mellow out over time or if its going to stay like that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not entirely sure why it sounds so different. The muffler placement and the y-pipe all the way in the back is my guess. Its way cheaper than the prefab kits. $450. I havent even had it for a week yet but yeah it always sounds like that when I first start it then it calms down. Im wondering if the sound is going to mellow out over time or if its going to stay like that.
how long does it usually take to "warm up"? can you hear the exhaust change over to the more agressive tone? its definitely strange. and it should actually get louder as time goes on as it breaks in. did the shop have to bend the stainless steel pipe for you or did u buy it that way?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Man that sounds great. I'm torn right now between getting this muffler http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?osCsid=6d53ae37a1801d183be41dbf1b397c0f&products_id=1838&cPath=1022_1031_1110 or getting a mygig unit or perhaps swapping the 18" from the 2011's and up for my 17" alloys. The budget is limited. I can't figure out what I'm going to do next..
if you dont already have the mygig, i have read to NOT add it. instead, get yourself a nice aftermarket touch screen radio, itll be cheaper and actually better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its usually around 60 seconds then it calms down. its only like that at high idle when you first start it. ive been researching and asking around, apparently its normal at cold start to be loud.

·
Registered
451 Posts
if you dont already have the mygig, i have read to NOT add it. instead, get yourself a nice aftermarket touch screen radio, itll be cheaper and actually better.
I have considered that. But I would be devastated if I lost use of my steering wheel controls :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts