Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 dodge avenger 2.4 base model. I have the flashing red lightening bolt on my gauge cluster. I have replaced the throttle body and IAT sensor. Not getting a code but it flashes shortly after I start the car . The local dealership reprogrammed it said it was good and its still there. Any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car does not. It chugs and surges when throttle is applied. I have replaced the throttle body 2 times , the iat sensor and have had a local dealership diagnostic done its still there. I feel like I'm missing something.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Difficult to say if a dealer can't figure it out. Did you scan for error codes with a good OBD scanner? Did you do a throttle re-calibration after installing the throttle body?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes and yes . Now I get codes for p0507 and p1607
The local dodge dealership gave me nothing was bad other than the IAT sensor so I replaced it and now I'm leaning toward the pcm. It will take the throttle relearn but only for a short time then I get the PCM code within 10 min of driving. It has 255k on the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like you're getting a diagnosis from the dealer (maybe just a guess from a mechanic?) and then throwing parts at it based on what you're hearing. If that's what you're doing, stop. I can understand wanting to get some free advice and doing the work yourself to save the money on labor and parts. The trouble comes in when the advice is worth what you're paying for it, and you lack the diagnostic equipment and/or skills to really dig into the problem. I've been there before. You've got a tough problem here, you're without the use of the vehicle, and you've spent money that you won't get back trying to fix it yourself. Enough is enough. Let a pro diagnose and repair it. It may be expensive, but it will be cheaper in the long run and they'll own the responsibility for making it right if they misdiagnose it. Make sure you don't just take it anywhere; find a shop with an excellent reputation. That might not necessarily be the dealer.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
The dealer should have diagnosed that properly. Yes it seems to be pointing towards the PCM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a code for high airflow and everyone on this said it's the intake manifold gasket. Well I replaced that did the throttle relearn, calibrated everything. Now no codes but still runs rough after a few minutes and red lightning bolt light. Only thing I have not done is the PCM. And also 3 other shops here in town with over 10 years 25 years experience can't see an issue. ???? Any ideas ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts