Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Guys i bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger SE about a week ago. Bought it from a Dealership it is great runs great smooth and everything now to my question. I'm having radio problems. when i bought the car the radio worked two days later the radio cut out for about 2 mins cut back on.. I shrugged it off .. The next morning i was driving and it shut off.. to get it back that time though i had to restart the car.Its slowly getting worse ... sometimes when i start the car it'll have no sound to the radio at all. it is all the radios at once.... so it cant be the speakers.
It is random occurrences. The radio keeps full power .. It keeps the time.. the radio .. stations .. and the presets stay saved.... But my problem is no sound to the speakers...another symptom is when this happened i try to turn up the volume and it doesn't neither up or down.... Now does anyone have an idea .. i checked the fuses and they all seem fine.....I dont have a amp in my glove-box either so i assume its a amp radio combo.... i dont want to just go digging around wires without a specific idea first...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Personally I would go back to the dealer and hope that they would repair replace it. Don't attempt to do anything yourself until you do this.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Dealers usually have a little leeway on new sales just for good customer reference. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If they safetyd it and set it ready to go then it should have some basic assistance. If it was sold as is they would not have checked anything out ie brakes exhaust etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 08 avenger. radio will just go off, no sound coming out of speakers, but the radio doesn't loose power, it stays on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. It's possible that the connector wires may be loose, if the dealer doesn't want to check it out or is too costly, take it to a reputable stereo shop to check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts