Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!!

First off my name is Neal and I’m the proud owner of a 2013 Dodge Avenger SE 2.4l. It has about 120k miles and hasn’t given me an issue until a few days ago. I’m getting code P2111 now after replacing the throttle body 2x different times and now it’s stuck in limp mode and throwing code P2111. I’ve bought a cheap TB off eBay and got one off a car at my local junkyard. I just don’t know where to go from here and it’s extremely frustrating. If anyone could shed some light on anything I’d greatly appreciate it.

Neal

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Sounds to me like you got bad deals 2 x on the throttle bodies you got. The 2.4's were known for "issues" due to the plastic gear drives in the throttle body. Your posted code looks to be directly to be a fault to that area.
Also yours may need to have a hard reset of the computer(ECM) done by disconnecting battery power for 30 minutes or so. and also doing the throttle pedal calibration, steps can be found here on the forum in a number of places.

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMZ!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome & advice and I apologize if this wasn’t the place to post my issues...I’ll repost in the appropriate place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts