Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've spent at least 3-5 hours on this forum trying to figure this out and i think im pretty close but its still not working.. so when i got the car whoever did the aftermarket stereo install obviously wasnt up to date on how to wire it. it worked but had to detach the face to get it to shut off and not drain the battery. i figured it would be an easy fix just run a new 12v switched power to the red right? after removing the radio i found the original stock harness was cut plug missing and no switched power to red wire. i bought a Metra 71-6522 reverse harness and am now attempting to reinstall original factory stereo (plain old single disk RES) my next problem was the metra harness was pinned backwards from the advertised photos and when wired up that way it would make dash lights go crazy and give a no bus message on dash. i repinned the connector last night and now the original stereo turns on, but no sound (unless holding the scan button, then its loud static but not out all the speakers) the volume wont move except from 0-1. im not sure if i have the speaker wires in wrong location for back of radio or what also have one wire left im unsure of what/where it goes (brown with orange) any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I would get in touch with the people at Crutchfield if you can't get what you're looking for on the forum. They are very helpful:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts