Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Name's Steve. Hailing from Central Connecticut, worst place in the world. Bought my '08 Dodge Avenger R/T AWD on 24OCT07. So I've had her just about 3 solid months now. I'm here basically to just keep up to date on newer stuff and updates about the mygig and anything else news related about the car.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
welcome

hi there. Sure, Connecticut is not that bad, for you are there. Anyway enjoy the forum.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Hey. Name's Steve. Hailing from Central Connecticut, worst place in the world. Bought my '08 Dodge Avenger R/T AWD on 24OCT07. So I've had her just about 3 solid months now. I'm here basically to just keep up to date on newer stuff and updates about the mygig and anything else news related about the car.
Steve welcome! I'm in central Connecticut too. I'm in Meriden. What color is car red?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah you're over the bridge in Portland. Nice town. Did you buy your car at Holley Dodge? I bought mine from Gengras in East Hartford.
I bought mine from Crowley in New Britain, actually, but I had been talking to a guy from Gengras in East Hartford. He was offering me the same exact car for the same exact price, but I'd have to wait 3 days for him to get it in. Nice guy, but if everything's exactly the same, why wait, you know? But the guys at Crowley went the extra mile, so we both ended up happy.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I bought mine from Crowley in New Britain, actually, but I had been talking to a guy from Gengras in East Hartford. He was offering me the same exact car for the same exact price, but I'd have to wait 3 days for him to get it in. Nice guy, but if everything's exactly the same, why wait, you know? But the guys at Crowley went the extra mile, so we both ended up happy.
That's good Crowley was alright. Ya why wait. I went to Crowley and all they had in June was a black R/T that was parked next to a Charger. I wonder if that was your car, Nah it couldn't be. What I noticed when looking if I went to the bigger dealers I got better deals. Holley said they couldn't touch Gengras and a couple other too. I go for parts at Robert's Dodge but I will never go for a car there. This older man who was a saleman laughed at me when I showed him what some other people were getting for an SE. He says you'll never find that price, I'm giving you the best price right here. I got my price and told them when they were asking me if I bought a car yet. I pretty much told them to go "f" themselves. Executive Dodge is another one that messed with my payments, etc., I wouldn't go there again. Holley said they have a huge overhead and can't do it. But I did get help from something online site I did for kicks. It's one those sites that said get a new car around invoice. I said I'll do it for fun and that's how I got my price of $17,500 instead of $18,895. I got 2 emails from one dealer near New Haven and one somewhere else. I sent the email to Gengras because they had the car I wanted and I had already been there. Point is that I guess some of those online place are for real. I'm mentioning this in case someone here doesn't know about that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice. I had been talking to Papa's Dodge in New Britain, cause I knew a guy who worked there, but all they had was that blue avenger, almost exactly the same. So I was literally at one dealer, and on the phone with the other dealer going back and forth. "Papa's said they'll give me the car at this price, what can you do?" "Crowley's saying this now, what can you do?" After about an hour of that, Crowley had the black one rather than the blue one, and came in at 1% below invoice, which was like 27,500 I think. Still ended up around 29 after all the fees, taxes, and what-not. I also had them tack on lojack to the cost. Added another 18 dollars a month on the car payment, and working on the pike, I figured it was worth it.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Nice. I had been talking to Papa's Dodge in New Britain, cause I knew a guy who worked there, but all they had was that blue avenger, almost exactly the same. So I was literally at one dealer, and on the phone with the other dealer going back and forth. "Papa's said they'll give me the car at this price, what can you do?" "Crowley's saying this now, what can you do?" After about an hour of that, Crowley had the black one rather than the blue one, and came in at 1% below invoice, which was like 27,500 I think. Still ended up around 29 after all the fees, taxes, and what-not. I also had them tack on lojack to the cost. Added another 18 dollars a month on the car payment, and working on the pike, I figured it was worth it.
Hey that's wonderful. I always like to hear someone getting a great deal from these guys. It's alot of work I'll tell you. I bet the Berlin Turnpike has it's drawbacks :D You have some character's driving through going to Hartford or whatever. Let's hope for an early spring.Enjoy your car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts