Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I just wanted to post some new pictures of my avenger, almost a month into ownership, tint is done, 45 on the front windows and 18 on the back three, and new wheels, they are 17x9 with a 25 offset and the tires are 225/55r17. This is the first time buying wheels for a car so I had to do all my measurements by myself to get the fitment that I wanted, I almost got what I wanted, if I was being honest I would prefer the wheels be like 1-2cm further into the wheel well but it is pretty darn close. The next step will be coilovers, as I need new front suspension anyways (the drivers front one has a leak) but that won't be for a few weeks.
wheel pic 1.jpg

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice job, the car looks great. Nice wheels and I think the offset looks good:cool:

·
Registered
2012 Avenger
5 Posts
I think it fits exactly to the wide body stance. Looks like a perfect match for the build. Clean looking macho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it fits exactly to the wide body stance. Looks like a perfect match for the build. Clean looking macho.
Thanks, I really love the look too, I still wish I would've gone with an offset in the +32 to +37 range instead of the +25 because this year I have to get the right-sized tires for the wheels and it is going to be a bit to much poke I suspect. Last year I stuck the 225 tires on the 9-inch wheels and while it looked nice, the stretch just ate up all the tread on the outer edge that isn't meant to touch the ground so I had next to no traction whenever it rained.

So for future people, I would recommend getting an offset between +32 and +37 so that it has a very similar stance but you aren't eating through tires.

Also, I would just like to add that I purchased a set of wheels to mount my winter tires on (Canadian winter, lol) and I went into the tire/wheel shop knowing I needed a 17x8 +25 to get the right fitment, and somehow the guy there convinced me that I actually needed a 17x8 +35 and after having them mounted and put on the car I can confirm that if you want an 8-inch wheel, you need a +25 offset, the +35 that he talked me into is so close to being flush that it is obvious I was trying to get flush but also far enough tucked that it is obviously not flush and I hate it every day that I see my car, going to get some 5-10mm spacers soon so that I don't have to look at it anymore because it is a constant reminder of a salesman getting the best of me.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Some how I get the feeling that wheels that wide in 32mm would look perfect with some 255-265 width tires!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Avenger SE
3 Posts
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but I just wanted to post some new pictures of my avenger, almost a month into ownership, tint is done, 45 on the front windows and 18 on the back three, and new wheels, they are 17x9 with a 25 offset and the tires are 225/55r17. This is the first time buying wheels for a car so I had to do all my measurements by myself to get the fitment that I wanted, I almost got what I wanted, if I was being honest I would prefer the wheels be like 1-2cm further into the wheel well but it is pretty darn close. The next step will be coilovers, as I need new front suspension anyways (the drivers front one has a leak) but that won't be for a few weeks. View attachment 18917 View attachment 18918 View attachment 18919 View attachment 18920
Its Looking Sick man! what size are you running because that's some nice poke!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts