Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Avenger has all of a sudden started crapping out...
First..the key fob doesn't beep when i lock the car anymore..sometimes the alarm goes off when i unlock it with or without the fob.
The AC started acting up, barely blowing, and then a terrible noise from the glove box ensued and a clicking noise intermittent. I changed the cabin air filter and it blows better but the noises are still there.
The horn will honk on its own while I'm driving down the road, and today, the horn honked and I had no control of breaks or power stearing..I managed to get it to the side of the road and restarted it...ran like a champ until I got in the driveway and the horn came on with a long blare until I parked...and a few weeks ago, the driver's side window stopped rolling up or down...all the other window buttons on the drivers side panel work except for the driver window.
I've owned my car almost 6 years now and no problems other than replacing the battery 2 years ago and I put new tires on it last year...
So I'm pretty sure if i replace the blend door actuator, ($30) it will fix the noises with the AC..
I can replace the window motor panel ($60) and fix the window issue hopefully...but what exactly is the issue with the horn and it disabling my car? Is there a way to bypass the anti theft system maybe?
It's really getting annoying...people think I'm honking at them...any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
With sveral elecrical issues have you checked for cel codes? Also check all connections to grounds and power in the engine compartment. Yes, sounds like the blend door actuator should be replaced. Do you have a second key fob you can try regarding the anti theft system? Try the easiest things first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have my son bring a code reader...i never thought of that. Thank you.
I do not have another key for my car, i was only given 1 when I purchased it.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Ok. I highly recommend that you get a spare key cut and programmed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so...I pulled the door panel for the window out. I un plugged it and plugged it back in and it works now.
I replaced the cabin air filter and the blend door actuator that was clicking and now is working properly. There is still a faint humming noise coming from the fan. I will pull it out and clean it later. But for now, my AC is working.
I reset the anti theft alarm and it seems to be working properly now. Ie: Beeps when I lock it.
Thank you for all of your help and encouragement.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Wonderful news! That must give you a ton of satisfaction, great job:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts